The First Trump Impeachment Thread

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That Bolton guy should do all he can to make as much cash as he can off his book.  I would.  I would figure out the very best way to make sales go through the roof.  

Here's the thing about the book and the possible Bolton testimony.  Republicans like @Notre Dame Joe don't want Bolton to testify and they point to his book as evidence that he's just out to make a buck.

Well.....If they are truly out for the truth, they should DEMAND Bolton testify under oath or the book comes out and can say whatever it wants.

If he testifies under oath and says the same thing as the book.....well....you could probably take the book more for what it says.  If he is put under oath and says something else than what's in the book.  You just destroyed his ability to make any money off of it.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's the thing about the book and the possible Bolton testimony.  Republicans like @Notre Dame Joe don't want Bolton to testify and they point to his book as evidence that he's just out to make a buck.

Well.....If they are truly out for the truth, they should DEMAND Bolton testify under oath or the book comes out and can say whatever it wants.

If he testifies under oath and says the same thing as the book.....well....you could probably take the book more for what it says.  If he is put under oath and says something else than what's in the book.  You just destroyed his ability to make any money off of it.

So it could end up being an even bigger payoff for Bolton if he testifies and it is all true.  

This is just becoming absurd now.

But with such staunch supporters willing to look the other way and laugh about literally anything trump does (see this thread, for example) as long as it bothers the libs, this is the country you're going to get.

Keep voting Republican, kids. Corruption is fun, and there's no way it will ever affect you.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly. The GOP wants him to just come out and say what he knows in a public setting. That way they can use that as a reason for him not needing to testify. Plus they’ll then be able to right off whatever he says as BS.  That’s why he needs to testify under oath. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

But with such staunch supporters willing to look the other way and laugh about literally anything trump does (see this thread, for example) as long as it bothers the libs, this is the country you're going to get.

Keep voting Republican, kids. Corruption is fun, and there's no way it will ever affect you.

If this is the new talking point, they KNOW witnesses are going to testify that Trump specifically gave them  a quid pro quo and they are trying to get out front of it and soften the blow.

Very interesting.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If this is the new talking point, they KNOW witnesses are going to testify that Trump specifically gave them  a quid pro quo and they are trying to get out front of it and soften the blow.

Very interesting.

That was my thought as well. Trying desperately to get out ahead of the bus before it runs them over.

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ok so let me get this straight - It is ok if I rob a store while investigating a previous robbery at the store. Thanks Ted for that wonderful legal opinion - it gives me a lot of freedom the next time I walk into a Walmart.  The Trump Quid pro Quo argument. 

These guys really are circus clowns: the  pretzel bending & jumping through hoops is just amazing - the greatest show on the lunacy side of earth. 

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who are these people taking selfies with Lev Parnas?

The world has indeed gone mad.

This isn't anything new. People have celebrity worship no matter who the "celebrity" is. Look at the Boston Marathon Bomber, look at OJ, look at serial killer groupies.