The First Trump Impeachment Thread

I'm to the point I hope Joe and Hunter both testify.  I know they aren't part of the impeachment inquiry, and in a normal world they would never be expected to testify.

But we are no longer in a "normal" world, and that Rick Scott video proves it.  Biden, for the sake of all of us, may need to bite the bullet at expose these people as the lying clowns they are.

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm to the point I hope Joe and Hunter both testify.  I know they aren't part of the impeachment inquiry, and in a normal world they would never be expected to testify.

But we are no longer in a "normal" world, and that Rick Scott video proves it.  Biden, for the sake of all of us, may need to bite the bullet at expose these people as the lying clowns they are.

NOOOO!

I have money on Biden being the D nominee!  I need him to just sit around and not be in the spotlight for a few more months!  I want my 36 dollars!  

• Haha 2

Here's the letter they sent to Bolton's people. Not sure there's a direct threat here.

But by insinuating there are national security risks in the book, they can slow down publishing for a long time. All they have to do is slowly dole out what they claim are the secrets.

Bolton could just tell them to kiss off and print it, but we'll see.  Either way, the White House is terrified of this book.

Edit:

And there's this:

32 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I agree. Set the record straight. Otherwise Fox News will take any ridiculous story of their “corruption “ and run with it all the way to Election Day.  

House Managers have done a fine job answering questions so far. And their overarching theme is clear: "here is the mountain of evidence necessitating removal... If that is not enough, call your boy John Bolton."

:thumbs 

Trump's counsel has been lobbed softballs and answered them weakly regarding the burden of proof (ignoring the Clinton standard, other impeachment standards, and acting like the Constitution contains an explicit standard) and the President's setting of foreign policy (ignoring the Power of the Purse). 

I'm sure Trump's legal defense team is quite talented; unfortunately, they are getting run out of the gym because their client gave them no reasonable factual or legal defense to work with.

• Plus1 1

Dershowitz just went off the reservation! 

It was hard to follow, because it was so batsh*t crazy, but he argued that Trump thought getting reelected was in the public's best interest so his bribery was okay!

Those are the bad-faith rationalizations we're dealing with here, not actual defenses.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4

John Bolton is a Yale-trained attorney and wrote two books prior:

• Surrender Is Not an Option: Defending America at the United Nations (2008)

• "This book about the challenges we face should be a wake-up call for America and the world." Senator Mitt Romney.

• "Intelligent, shrewd, direct, and fascinating, John Bolton's new book bears a remarkable resemblance to the man himself." Senator John McCain.

• How Barack Obama is Endangering our National Sovereignty (2010)

I don't agree with his policies, but to act like he'd include this classified material as Trump's administration alleges is laughable. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There is zero chance Dershowitz isn't implicated in something or being paid off bigly for this "defense" work.

I have a friend who's a defense lawyer.  I asked him one time if he ever has trouble defending someone who he knows/thinks is guilty.  His answer was, "I'll defend them till their bank account says zero."

I'm sure Qmany can expand on this.  But, in the US, everyone has the right to an attorney and those lawyers are going to argue the case their client wants them to argue...or at least the one that they believe gives them the best chance to a constitutional defense. 

• Plus1 1