The First Trump Impeachment Thread

14 minutes ago, commando said:

if trump thinks fraudulent voting machines and ballot stuffing for his advantage is "for the good of the country" the GOP would say that is bad but not impeachable. 

The GOP is irreparably spineless and corrupt.

It's why we have to break it apart piece by piece rather than hoping they somehow get better. The current crop is broken.

• Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

The GOP is irreparably spineless and corrupt.

It's why we have to break it apart piece by piece rather than hoping they somehow get better. The current crop is broken.

We can’t if they’re too fast at destroying elections. They’ve already accomplished a lot where that’s concerned. 

45 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Trump has already been working another angle this whole time

OK - let me let off steam for a moment:  :rant   :boxosoap:steam   

You know I hope the Dems nominate someone like Amy Klobuchar   - someone unexpected and squeaky clean (relative to Trump - I think she had some disgruntled staffers at one time or some story like that) - just to beat trump at his own game.  Yes, Amy may be an unrealistic nominee but she seems like the one with the smallest target on her back that Trump could attack or dig dirt up on.   I then hope that when he is kicked out of the WH by the voters that the FBI will immediately arrest him on orders of the NYSD for crimes such as these.    

Ok, back to reality world - I'm willing to vote for Bloomberg, Sanders, anyone if it means voting against Trump.  I cannot vote for any GOP Congressional representative this time around.   This may be the first time I vote straight Dem - just to send a message. It may not matter in Oklahoma but I can't put my x  on the ballot  as an endorsement to what my 2 senators, Inhofe and Langford, are doing.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office.

To answer this question, the first step was to ask whether it would serve the public good to remove the President, even if I assumed the President did everything the House alleges.

Nevertheless, new witnesses that would testify to the truth of the allegations are not needed for my threshold analysis, which already assumed that all the allegations made are true.

I will not vote to remove the President because doing so would inflict extraordinary and potentially irreparable damage to our already divided nation.

TL;DR: "He did it; but we don't care, because we need to rig elections to win." Republicans/enablers. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1