The First Trump Impeachment Thread

44 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I finally got a chance to read Sasse's drivel. Basically, since Ukraine ultimately got the aid, no harm no foul. The Senate has never convicted a president before, so why start now. And let the voters decide Trump's fate.

Open letter from Ben Sasse presents his take on impeachment

» He believes the American people need to know the 2016 election was legitimate, and he believes it’s dangerous if they worry Russia picked America’s president. About this, he’s right.

» He believes the Crowdstrike theory of 2016, that Ukraine conducted significant meddling in our election. I don’t believe this theory, but the president has heard it repeatedly from people he trusts, chiefly Rudy Giuliani, and he believes it.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I finally got a chance to read Sasse's drivel. Basically, since Ukraine ultimately got the aid, no harm no foul. The Senate has never convicted a president before, so why start now. And let the voters decide Trump's fate.

Open letter from Ben Sasse presents his take on impeachment

I've written  Senators Sasse and Fischer multiple times, the only thing it's accomplished is being put on their mailing list. Feels bad man. My dad went to Sasse's most recent town hall and said it was tense as hell, I wish him and Fischer would stand in front of their constituents more often to explain why they make the decisions they make. I guess "We're cowards" can only be said so many times.

• Plus1 1

So I guess we keep this tread alive for the next impeachment battle. :dunno  There may be more coming down the pike if trump is reelected.   while the conclusion wasn't without doubt, it is still very disappointing.  I think the House Mgrs presented a creditible case. It may have been stronger if they included the Mueller info - but even with that - it was a foregone conclusion. The GOP is now fully the party of Trump.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So I guess we keep this tread alive for the next impeachment battle. :dunno  There may be more coming down the pike if trump is reelected.   while the conclusion wasn't without doubt, it is still very disappointing.  I think the House Mgrs presented a creditible case. It may have been stronger if they included the Mueller info - but even with that - it was a foregone conclusion. The GOP is now fully the party of Trump.

I get a feeling they may try again before election 

Just now, TGHusker said:

I would think the SDNY has stuff that needs to come to light -  Next time it has to be evidence that is cannot be excused away as the GOP did.   

it won't matter.   it would be "that is bad...but not enough to convict" or "we can't convict with the elections so near"

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Senator Sasse must think we have sh!t for brains.  Good God.  Just admit you were scared like all the other GOPers.  Romney is the only one in the whole Republican Senate with spine.  I will admit, though, that I hold Senator Sassee in higher regard than Senator Fischer.  I honestly believe she is pretty much clueless about everything.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I would think the SDNY has stuff that needs to come to light -  Next time it has to be evidence that is cannot be excused away as the GOP did.   

I think they open a house inquiry but will drag it out through election or something along those lines

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Senator Sasse must think we have sh!t for brains.  Good God.  Just admit you were scared like all the other GOPers.  Romney is the only one in the whole Republican Senate with spine.  I will admit, though, that I hold Senator Sassee in higher regard than Senator Fischer.  I honestly believe she is pretty much clueless about everything.

I only hold him a little higher than Fischer because at least he’s been willing to speak out. 

But, when the cards were in the table, he still folded.