The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, QMany said:

Buried lede, the ex-Ukrainian official he met was fired corrupt prosecutor Shokin.

Holy f#&%ing s#!t! Read the whole thing. If this is all true there is basically a link all the way to John Solomon who is writing the baseless articles that brought this about.

If they bring Parnas forward to testify they need to be able to completely corroborate his story because he is the nail in the coffin. Solomon already said he met with Parnas, Giuliani, and a representative for Nunes. This is insane! They also allege that Nunes schedule a trip to Europe before the new congress met so that he did not have to report it to his colleagues.

• Plus1 2

Can you imagine being so flippin' stupid that as a congressman, in this environment, as a known cooperator that took the midnight ride to the WH that you'd travel overseas to meet with this guy?  Shoot, I'd probably not be travelling at all, or taking any meetings alone - witnesses for everything.  This is indeed, "Stupid Watergate".

• Plus1 1

Also, in reading that and just thinking about how many meetings take place at Trump Hotel in DC.  Do you think that they have tighter control over bugs and video there, so it's a safer spot for all these criminals to meet?  That in addition to being a cash cow to rake in funds from foreign governments, that they also use it as a "safehouse" of sorts?  Like the Hotel Russia (I think that was the one) that was full of false walls that held listening devices and cameras for every room and a fee to the Kremlin)

4 hours ago, QMany said:

Buried lede, the ex-Ukrainian official he met was fired corrupt prosecutor Shokin.

I just want to punch him in his dumb face. 

On the Capitol on Nov. 14, as CNN began to ask a question about the trip to Vienna, Nunes interjected and said, "I don't talk to you in this lifetime or the next lifetime."

"At any time," Nunes added. "On any question."

Asked again on Thursday about his travel to Vienna and his interactions with Shokin and Parnas, Nunes gave a similar response.

"To be perfectly clear, I don't acknowledge any questions from you in this lifetime or the next lifetime," Nunes said while leaving the impeachment hearing. "I don't acknowledge any question from you ever."

Again, if Democrats hang their hat on proving illegality in this singular Ukraine incident, they won't come anywhere near removal, nor sway the Witch Hunt base.

Removing a President is about unfitness for office, and I think that demands a pattern.

So if I'm drafting articles of impeachment, Ukraine is simply the latest in a pattern where the President of the United States ignores the clear warning of his own inner circle to pursue a personal agenda often against his own stated policy, the policy of the United States, and the policy of the GOP forced to enable him. It's a pattern that undermines the U.S. intelligence community, often exercised against the wishes and without the knowledge of the U.S. military he puts in harms way. Ukraine is no more or less troubling than Trump' being played by Kim Jung Un, single-handedly dictating our surrender of Syria, or playing a role in the horrifying actions of Saudi Arabia. The Mueller Report is simply a line item among these articles, not the smoking gun. And you don't pretend this is about proving bribery per any legal standard. The moral, ethical, and national security missteps are collectively much worse. A walk through the President's tweets establishes mental instability by pretty much any standard, much less the man who controls armies and nuclear weapons. 

That Donald Trump's actions play so directly into the hands of Vladimir Putin can remain speculation. But Trump's private financial rescue by Russian oligarchs is a matter of record. 

If I had enough time and people really needed more convincing, I'd add the Emoluments Clause to my case: Has Donald Trump and family used the Presidency for personal financial gain?   The answers are clear, factual, and incredibly damning. 

Guess I just want to see the full weight of his awfulness crush this f#&%er and his gilded bulls#!t family, and give his supporters nowhere to turn.

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Who's he going to sue? He certainly can't sue the media successfully, as they're merely reporting that Parnas is willing to testify about this.

I took it that he was threatening to sue Parnas. But, as Trump has proven, these threats are nothing but an attempt at diversion or intimidation.