The First Trump Impeachment Thread

7 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If I was on the left (or on the right and against Trump, in my case) my biggest concern would be that this political stunt is just going to strengthen the resolve of Trump supporters. He's not going to be impeached. Everyone knows, and has known that.

Nothing I can do will change the resolve of a Trump supporter. If they're in past "grab 'em by the pu&&y" and the hundreds upon hundreds of ugly tweets he's directed at anyone he thinks is contrary to him, their support is not about me or anything I do.

It's absurd to think that Moderates or the Left has to kowtow to the kind of person who would support Trump.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

It's not about beating Trump its about holding the President accountable to the Constitution. It is Congresses duty, they have no choice. Trump has left them no choice.

Oh, bulls#!t. How many Presidents do you think have served their terms without violating the Constitution? 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Nothing I can do will change the resolve of a Trump supporter. If they're in past "grab 'em by the pu&&y" and the hundreds upon hundreds of ugly tweets he's directed at anyone he thinks is contrary to him, their support is not about me or anything I do.

It's absurd to think that Moderates or the Left has to kowtow to the kind of person who would support Trump.

I disagree. 

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh, bulls#!t. How many Presidents do you think have served their terms without violating the Constitution? 

Show me proof they have done so and I will support holding them accountable. In the history of our country has there been more flagrent disregard of the Constitution by a President of the United States? Not to my recollection.

13 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If I was on the left (or on the right and against Trump, in my case) my biggest concern would be that this political stunt is just going to strengthen the resolve of Trump supporters. He's not going to be impeached. Everyone knows, and has known that.

If the Dems move forward he will be impeached. It's all but guaranteed. The Senate, however, likely won't convict as it stands right now.

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

WOOOOOOOOW.

That's your America?

So... what do you think we should do when we find out any of those presidents have violated the Constitution?

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Show me proof they have done so and I will support holding them accountable. In the history of our country has there been more flagrent disregard of the Constitution by a President of the United States? Not to my recollection.

You're being incredibly naive.

Just now, ZRod said:

If the Dems move forward he will be impeached. It's all but guaranteed. The Senate, however, likely won't convict as it stands right now.

I don't think it's going to be that easy, but I'd like to see it.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

WOOOOOOOOW.

That's your America?

So... what do you think we should do when we find out any of those presidents have violated the Constitution?

Jesus. Relax.

Where did I say I didn't think he's done impeachable things? At the same time, we can sit here and pretend the people trying to impeach him are choir children (or the presidents before).

• Plus1 1

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Jesus. Relax.

Where did I say I didn't think he's done impeachable things? At the same time, we can sit here and pretend the people trying to impeach him are choir children (or the presidents before).

What should we do when we find out a president has violated the Constitution?

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

WOOOOOOOOW.

That's your America?

The only true safeguard against corruption in our own government is to DRASTICALLY reduce the size, scope, authority, and responsibilities of the federal government. 

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

Jesus. Relax.

What does this have to do with anything? There are dozens of congresspeople under investigation right now, I'm pretty sure every President in recent history has endured investigations as well. When people do something wrong we hold them accountable, we don't say 'well what about all the other people that do bad things' i mean that argument is ridiculous

• Plus1 2