The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The only true safeguard against corruption in our own government is to DRASTICALLY reduce the size, scope, authority, and responsibilities of the federal government. 

Wrong. The only safeguard against corruption is to uphold our constitution. Right-wing talking points about the size of government don't play.  What plays, in an unbiased way, is simply following the rule of law. Period.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The only true safeguard against corruption in our own government is to DRASTICALLY reduce the size, scope, authority, and responsibilities of the federal government. 

That's not true at all, people are corrupt at smaller levels of government too.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

What does this have to do with anything? There are dozens of congresspeople under investigation right now, I'm pretty sure every President in recent history has endured investigations as well. When people do something wrong we hold them accountable, we don't say 'well what about all the other people that do bad things' i mean that argument is ridiculous

I didn't say that.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not going to take the time to reveal to you that politicians are a dishonest, and corrupt people.

Just because they are dishonest and corrupt doesn't mean they have all violated our Constitution. And again, what does that matter what other people have done? Do you recall at any point in history a President that so flagerently disregarded our Constitution? 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So... not "bulls#!t," that we're on this road.

They're going after what they can prove.  Didn't you watch The Firm?

The Saudi Arabian government buying 500 rooms in Trump's hotels, when Carter had to sell his Peanut farm is what I'd go after...

I still think the pursuit of impeachment will do more harm than good.

• Plus1 1

Just now, teachercd said:

Sure...

"Look, you better clean up your toys and brush your teeth...remember that Santa is watching"

The thing with that analogy is every other Presidents room is relatively clean when I walk in. Trump has his entire toy chest strung out all over the floor and I have his aunts and uncles telling me 'no no no, the room is clean you see, that is how it is supposed to look.'

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The Saudi Arabian government buying 500 rooms in Trump's hotels, when Carter had to sell his Peanut farm is what I'd go after...

I still think the pursuit of impeachment will do more harm than good.

They very well may write emoulments violations into the articles of impeachment. We are still a long ways away from a Senate trial. Mgahn is testifying next week.

• Plus1 2