The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 minutes ago, Ulty said:

If this were an actual jury trial in an actual court, any juror who showed such bias toward a defendant or explicitly stated that they refused to consider the evidence would be removed from the jury.

Wouldn't it be amazing in the impeachment hearing if the Chief Justice disqualified any Senator who said this kind of nonsense? That would change everything. I don't think that could happen though.

He’d get the firing squad within the next 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

If this were an actual jury trial in an actual court, any juror who showed such bias toward a defendant or explicitly stated that they refused to consider the evidence would be removed from the jury.

Wouldn't it be amazing in the impeachment hearing if the Chief Justice disqualified any Senator who said this kind of nonsense? That would change everything. I don't think that could happen though.

Well, you're right. It won't happen. The problem is the Senate is by far the more serious and self-important chamber. They know how to just keep their head down, look sober and go about their business, even if it's the corrupt, tribal type of business McConnell is describing above.

The House GOP, on the other hand, realizes they're the JV, and thus you get Collins/Gaetz/Jordan et al. screaming and berating their colleagues to try to show off for Daddy.

You won't see any of that in a Senate trial, even if it's over before it began. Roberts would never toss anyone.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'd pick just one to establish that they won't talk.  Otherwise the risk averse strategy is justifiable. 

Go tell Mitch his strategy needs tweaking because he ain't calling any of those people because he isn't stupid. He knows it will do absolutely nothing to help the case against Trump. I think the words he used were self destructive 

5 hours ago, Ulty said:

Any prosecutor who hid witnesses and made up his own crime wouldn't even get an indictment.  Wouldn't it be a great day for the judiciary if Roberts simply dismissed the charges?  I don't know if that can happen.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Any prosecutor who hid witnesses and made up his own crime wouldn't even get an indictment.  Wouldn't it be a great day for the judiciary if Roberts simply dismissed the charges?  I don't know if that can happen.

^^^^^^

propaganda works.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

forget everything else.   i wonder how long it would take for republicans to call for an impeachment of a democrat who settled a court case for running a fraud university while he/she was president?  or a fraud charity?  plenty of other stuff...but trump has done that while in office.   

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, QMany said:

Former RNC Chairman.

Wow...from their own party's former chairman.  What an incredible indication as to how the party has changed.

What a time to be alive.

What I'm wondering is, is there a way for Republicans like Moscow Mitch, who have openly expressed their love and devotion to the President and their intentions to not into this by following the oath, can be dismissed from the proceedings?

• Plus1 1