The First Trump Impeachment Thread

19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I wouldn't bet against his reelection at the moment. 

You are right.  I heard today that he is leading in Wisc and Penn which he won by small margins in 2016.  But if the Dems can flip any 2 of these 4 states Wisc, Mi, Penn, Fl - then we could move past trump.  The Dems need to have a strong ticket coming out of the nomination process - a ticket that can argue past the great economy and provide sound reasons to replace trump regardless of the economy.

Yea, Denial - seems like a good defense.  :blink:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-donald-trump-impeached-white-house-considers-arguing-no-because-articles-of-impeachment-not-delivered-to-senate/

The White House is considering making the case that Mr. Trump has not been impeached based on an opinion piece by Harvard Law Professor Noah Feldman on Bloomberg's opinion page Thursday. Feldman was one of the legal experts called by Democrats to testify before the House Judiciary Committee earlier this month and has advocated for Mr. Trump's impeachment and removal from office.

"Impeachment as contemplated by the Constitution does not consist merely of the vote by the House, but of the process of sending the articles to the Senate for trial," Feldman wrote in Bloomberg. "Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial."

"If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn't actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn't truly impeached at all," Feldman wrote.

However, Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe wrote on Twitter that he disagreed with Feldman's analysis, saying that "under Art. I, Sec. 2, Clause 5, he was impeached on Dec 18, 2019. He will forever remain impeached. Period." That portion of the Constitution says that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Not usually a conspiracy theorist, but here's one....

I've been thinking.  These congressmen and congresswomen are generally smart and somewhat well educated people.  They care deeply about their party and getting re-elected, etc, but at the end of the day they will maintain their oath and do what's best for the country first.

How can so many of these folks (mostly GOP) possibly think another four years of the orange man and all of his antics is what this divided country needs right now.  Even though they publicly defend Trump, deep down they actually despise him and what he has put everyone through.  Let's face it.  It just didn't work out.  At least "Crooked Hillary" didn't get elected.

Maybe Pelosi and McConnell had a covert meeting and are/have been on the same page with Trump being removed.  McConnell knows that if any of the four that Schumer requested testify, it will bring more or confirm existing evidence that is just too damning for Trump and his supporters to overcome.  There will eventually be an agreement between McConnell and Schumer to hold somewhat of an actual trial, but the voting will be behind closed doors.   He secretly agreed to eventually allow 1 or 2 of the witnesses to testify in exchange for some concessions from the Dems like Hunter Biden or perhaps the Whistleblower to also testify.  Meanwhile, he is putting up this facade of supporting Trump 100% and criticizing the House impeachment proceedings just so he and his fellow GOPer's from congress won't take heat from their constituents when Trump falls.  They did all they could, but in the end, Trump did this to himself with poor judgement.  This will be the popular narrative.  

Pelosi has also agreed to not pursue anything incriminating on Pence (like his Ukraine call transcript) and Pence will serve out what's left of Trump's term and after some good Fox News pub, will be the GOP nominee for 2020.  This if, of course not ideal for the GOP, as Pence is viewed as a weak candidate, but ultimately the nation just cannot endure another four years of Trump.  It's past time to do what's right.

Ok, I guess I was just bored today, so this is a completely ridiculous conspiracy theory......Or is it??

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Ok, I guess I was just bored today, so this is a completely ridiculous conspiracy theory......Or is it??

:ahhhhhhhh  or maybe :dunno  or maybe  :o

But are you saying you think the Turtle will cave and have some of the other witnesses testify - like Bolton and the chief of staff??

I think Bolton should be forced to do so - he seems to have something to say but is holding back.  Maybe for that big book deal. 

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Not usually a conspiracy theorist, but here's one....

I've been thinking.  These congressmen and congresswomen are generally smart and somewhat well educated people.  They care deeply about their party and getting re-elected, etc, but at the end of the day they will maintain their oath and do what's best for the country first.

How can so many of these folks (mostly GOP) possibly think another four years of the orange man and all of his antics is what this divided country needs right now.  Even though they publicly defend Trump, deep down they actually despise him and what he has put everyone through.  Let's face it.  It just didn't work out.  At least "Crooked Hillary" didn't get elected.

Maybe Pelosi and McConnell had a covert meeting and are/have been on the same page with Trump being removed.  McConnell knows that if any of the four that Schumer requested testify, it will bring more or confirm existing evidence that is just too damning for Trump and his supporters to overcome.  There will eventually be an agreement between McConnell and Schumer to hold somewhat of an actual trial, but the voting will be behind closed doors.   He secretly agreed to eventually allow 1 or 2 of the witnesses to testify in exchange for some concessions from the Dems like Hunter Biden or perhaps the Whistleblower to also testify.  Meanwhile, he is putting up this facade of supporting Trump 100% and criticizing the House impeachment proceedings just so he and his fellow GOPer's from congress won't take heat from their constituents when Trump falls.  They did all they could, but in the end, Trump did this to himself with poor judgement.  This will be the popular narrative.  

Pelosi has also agreed to not pursue anything incriminating on Pence (like his Ukraine call transcript) and Pence will serve out what's left of Trump's term and after some good Fox News pub, will be the GOP nominee for 2020.  This if, of course not ideal for the GOP, as Pence is viewed as a weak candidate, but ultimately the nation just cannot endure another four years of Trump.  It's past time to do what's right.

I don't think it's totally ridiculous.  Moscow Mitch knows that at a certain point he is at a big risk of losing Congressional seats between retirements and just pi$$ed off voters wanting the GOP out.  He's watching those poll numbers very closely, he's a snake that will worry about his power more than anything else, including Donald Trump.  

I also think very highly of Nancy and her strategic thinking.  She's no slouch, and I think Schumer respects her - I'd just add maybe part of the agreement is that she not chase Mulvaney, the Trump kids and others that could easily be snagged up in the mess.  I'd hope ver much that there is some agreement as to Barr and getting him the hell away from that office as well, but I think that's pie in the sky.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I don't think it's totally ridiculous.  Moscow Mitch knows that at a certain point he is at a big risk of losing Congressional seats between retirements and just pi$$ed off voters wanting the GOP out.  He's watching those poll numbers very closely, he's a snake that will worry about his power more than anything else, including Donald Trump.  

I also think very highly of Nancy and her strategic thinking.  She's no slouch, and I think Schumer respects her - I'd just add maybe part of the agreement is that she not chase Mulvaney, the Trump kids and others that could easily be snagged up in the mess.  I'd hope ver much that there is some agreement as to Barr and getting him the hell away from that office as well, but I think that's pie in the sky.

Speaking of San Fran Nan,  one conservative talk show host that I use to listen to,  is all up in arms over Nancy's delay in sending the articles to the Senate.  To get a feel of what trump media thinks I give you this:

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/mark-levin-eviscerates-nancy-pelosi-latest-impeachment-power-play-fascists/

Thursday night on the radio, LevinTV host Mark Levin criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for her decision to hold off on sending impeachment articles over to the Senate.

Just after the House’s votes the night before on two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi wouldn’t commit to sending the articles to the upper chamber right away and said she would instead wait to see what the Senate trial process might look like. Thursday morning on Twitter, Levin called the delay “another brazen unconstitutional act.

In response to Pelosi’s actions, Levin also called on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to “immediately put an end to this and declare the impeachment null and void, as the speaker has failed to complete the impeachment process by timely sending it to the Senate for adjudication.”

“This has never been done in American history, either,” Levin said Thursday night: “To try and use an impeachment in the House as leverage to control and affect the procedures that are used in the Senate.”

“This is what the fascists do,” Levin remarked. “This is what they do. They deny any form of due process, they destroy the traditional means by which impeachments are pursued, they come up with two completely bogus articles of impeachment, they shut down minority rights — the other party’s rights — they shut down the right of the accused, in this case the president, from confronting his accuser, from having a lawyer present during secret testimony, and from providing witnesses as well as evidence.”

“The fruit of the poisonous tree here has taken place, to make an old parallel, and the fruitcakes have taken place too, here, as it turns out.”

Nancy's got his number - whatever she does is because of the reaction it will get from him as well as what it means in the long game vs. the senate. We are so fortunate that she remained speaker.  We'd be screwed if anybody else had stepped in, her experience has been incredibly important, and I think at her age she's dealt with a lot of difficult folks, she's manhandling him.

• Haha 3

God can you imagine the tantrum Donnie will throw if Pence runs because for some reason Don can't?  I'd almost deal with a Pence candidacy just to see the epic meltdowns about how "I made him, he was a nobody before I picked him, he did nothing for four years but ride my coattails ..."