The First Trump Impeachment Thread

Do we teach people nowadays that nothing is just A=B?  That there are many things that are triggered when there is action and/or inaction?  

Seems to me the crap we're dealing with is just stupidity and simplistic thinking.  I'm not sure if this admin is able to think beyond one step or just chooses to do the one step because it's quick and dirty and then they can give their followers a catch phrase to chant and tout as an "accomplishment".  They don't give a crap about the ramifications (insert Barr's comment about how he doesn't care about his legacy of actions as he'll be dead), and their base doesn't care or simply doesn't comprehend the possible outcomes and how things will be impacted.  (ex.  red states losing farm income because of tariffs, jobs because of coal mining and company shut downs, all people at working wage getting walloped by no tax break trickle down, and being impacted negatively by the healthcare debacle. etc)

• We pay more in total to NATO?  Get out of it.  
  • We don't like France today?  Tax wine and cheese.
  • People coming to the US?  Build a wall.  
  • Poland wants to invade Germany?  Fine. 
  • Want more made in America?  Give tariffs to China.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I think right now the Polish forces are bigger and stronger than Germany...more than likely the Poles would kick the s#!t out of Germany.

This is not 1939 anymore.

those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

How is is possible that countries still need help? 

How many years does it take for a country to figure it out?

Ukraine has less than 1/3 as many people and 1/30th as much land as Russia. Of course they still need help if they have to fight a war against Russia. Whatever resources they can use to fund equipment, Russia can always beat them. They have 10x the GDP of Ukraine and it's not because Ukraine did something wrong in the 28 years they've been a country.

Additionally they've been left to deal with Chernobyl. Russia won't admit the health problems its caused and I doubt they're helping keeping it contained, which is expensive.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, NM11046 said:

Nancy's got his number - whatever she does is because of the reaction it will get from him as well as what it means in the long game vs. the senate. We are so fortunate that she remained speaker.  We'd be screwed if anybody else had stepped in, her experience has been incredibly important, and I think at her age she's dealt with a lot of difficult folks, she's manhandling him.

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, RedDenver said:

How does Peter suggest Pelosi end the game? Because sweeping articles of impeachment wouldn't have gotten him impeached either, the Republicans will defend him until the end. What was Pelosi supposed to do? Because sweeping impeachment articles would have just gotten the defense of 'Pelosi is too ambitious and now the Dems are just throwing s#!t at the wall to see what sticks.' That's the thing, no matter the strategy, Trumps supporters will have a spin. So what does Peter think should happen to fix this situation? Because Pelosi isn't a wizard. 

• Plus1 3
On 12/30/2019 at 7:40 AM, Nebfanatic said:

How does Peter suggest Pelosi end the game? Because sweeping articles of impeachment wouldn't have gotten him impeached either, the Republicans will defend him until the end. What was Pelosi supposed to do? Because sweeping impeachment articles would have just gotten the defense of 'Pelosi is too ambitious and now the Dems are just throwing s#!t at the wall to see what sticks.' That's the thing, no matter the strategy, Trumps supporters will have a spin. So what does Peter think should happen to fix this situation? Because Pelosi isn't a wizard. 

You're making the assumption that people wouldn't have supported impeachment if the scope included things like crimes against humanity like the separating children from parents never to be reunited, the treatment of the children in custody, etc. I think Americans are more humane than you're giving them credit for.

But none of that is the point of those tweets, which is that painting Pelosi as some sort of master negotiator is nonsense.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

You're making the assumption that people wouldn't have supported impeachment if the scope included things like crimes against humanity like the separating children from parents never to be reunited, the treatment of the children in custody, etc. I think Americans are more humane than you're giving them credit for.

But none of that is the point of those tweets, which is that painting Pelosi as some sort of master negotiator is nonsense.

Your last point is fair but honestly I don't think the impeachment numbers would look all that different if they were impeaching him over his border policy. It is absolutely a crime against humanity, but many don't see it that way and are being sold an idea that it's not as bad as it's being made out to be. They would also bring Obama up and say he was just as bad which isn't true but that's what they do now. You have more faith in people than I do. 

• Plus1 1