The First Trump Impeachment Thread

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

As @QMany already said this is false. But it is false on so many levels. First of all the money wasn't even coming from Congress. These are IMF loan guarantees. The IMF is an international organization. The IMF knew what Biden was going to do in regards to leveraging their money in Ukraine and approved of this plan. The investigation you are saying got thwarted by Joe Biden had already died and had zero to do with Hunter Biden anyway.

It's true even if it triggers numerous emotional outbursts.  You're the first person to posit  the money wasn't going to come from the American Taxpayer.  If it was foreign money then Biden would have no power to bully UKR wouldn't he?  The investigation into the company that hired Biden Jr and his buddy was dropped after Biden got his way and UKR got their cash.  It's pretty obvious what they were doing.  Just reading the numerous articles defending the Bidens makes them smell all the worse.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's true even if it triggers numerous emotional outbursts.  You're the first person to posit  the money wasn't going to come from the American Taxpayer.  If it was foreign money then Biden would have no power to bully UKR wouldn't he?  The investigation into the company that hired Biden Jr and his buddy was dropped after Biden got his way and UKR got their cash.  It's pretty obvious what they were doing.  Just reading the numerous articles defending the Bidens makes them smell all the worse.

It was IMF(International Monetary Fund) loans, that is an indisputable fact. Go troll somewhere else.

• Plus1 3

Joe is following the Trump, and now GOP, playbook. 

• Lie without remorse.
  • Get called out on it, proven wrong with actual facts.
  • Don't acknowledge, apologize, or correct. Ever.
  • Lie again without remorse.
  • Continue indefinitely. 

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders would be so proud.

• Plus1 5

9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Why are you so willing to promote things that are proven wrong?

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

It was IMF(International Monetary Fund) loans, that is an indisputable fact. Go troll somewhere else.

Even so, where does IMF funding come from. His first statement is extremely dishonest. He second is misleading because the American tax payer isn't the sole contributor to the IMF.

4 minutes ago, commando said:

not sure if joe is purposely lying or if he is just buying into the right wing propaganda and spreading the misinformation.

Honestly, I believe this.  

He comes across as someone who has totally bought into the myth that the only place you can get facts is Fox News, Rush, Info Wars, QAnon...etc.  So, that's all he consumes, believes everything they say and then believes anyone who doesn't believe all this is against America.

Once someone gets deep into that, it's extremely difficult for them to get out without some type of epiphany moment.  Which rarely comes.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Even so, where does IMF funding come from. His first statement is extremely dishonest. He second is misleading because the American tax payer isn't the sole contributor to the IMF.

I'm not sure where the money comes from to fill the American quota but we are committed to 155 billion in the IMF. 80% of those funds stay with us but can be used for IMF purposes when needed. That makes up about 20% of the total IMF fund. So yes, the American tax payer is not the sole contributor.

18 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you in light of waning interest in impeachment among persuadable voters.   If it was possible I'd hold the Impeachment Trial during DNC Convention; and have the Senators vote while Biden's delegates are announcing. Because:

The Bidens are material witnesses in the matter of Ukranians trying to buy influence.  If this was a run of the mill criminal trial the judge would allow them to be subpoenaed or risk getting a conviction reversed on appeal.  Joe Biden bragged about exchanging Congressionally approved aid to stop an investigation. You would have to allow the Defendant to present evidence explaining that he took actions for legitimate reasons.

Good example why I can't stand to watch Fox News any longer

• Plus1 7
30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Honestly, I believe this.  

He comes across as someone who has totally bought into the myth that the only place you can get facts is Fox News, Rush, Info Wars, QAnon...etc.  So, that's all he consumes, believes everything they say and then believes anyone who doesn't believe all this is against America.

Once someone gets deep into that, it's extremely difficult for them to get out without some type of epiphany moment.  Which rarely comes.

Count me as one who got out!! PTL.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Count me as one who got out!! PTL.

Me too.

And, I'll admit that it has fueled anger towards the Republican party.  But, now that I'm not blinded by the propaganda, it pisses me off that they do what they do.  My friends can't figure out why I'm so pissed at Republicans and claim I'm some type of liberal now.  But, it's fueled from the fact that I fell for their BS for so long.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Me too.

And, I'll admit that it has fueled anger towards the Republican party.  But, now that I'm not blinded by the propaganda, it pisses me off that they do what they do.  My friends can't figure out why I'm so pissed at Republicans and claim I'm some type of liberal now.  But, it's fueled from the fact that I fell for their BS for so long.

Yep - we are walking the same path Brother.