The First Trump Impeachment Thread

18 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm not sure where the money comes from to fill the American quota but we are committed to 155 billion in the IMF. 80% of those funds stay with us but can be used for IMF purposes when needed. That makes up about 20% of the total IMF fund. So yes, the American tax payer is not the sole contributor.

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Mind sharing the article you are referring to for us all to see?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/02/correcting-media-error-bidens-ukraine-showdown-was-december/#comments-wrapper 

I mined them for facts, not the WaPos opinons which are the opposite of mine.  So if my dates are wrong so is WaPo (we aren't).  For example no one said "sole contributor" but the WaPo and everyone else understands that the money is coming from the American taxpayer even if allies throw in some pennies. So as usual, my opinion pisses you off but there is not false fact in any of my posts. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/02/correcting-media-error-bidens-ukraine-showdown-was-december/#comments-wrapper 

I mined them for facts, not the WaPos opinons which are the opposite of mine.  So if my dates are wrong so is WaPo (we aren't).  For example no one said "sole contributor" but the WaPo and everyone else understands that the money is coming from the American taxpayer even if allies throw in some pennies. So as usual, my opinion pisses you off but there is not false fact in any of my posts. 

paywall for me.   can't read the link.   

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

From the article.

As we have reported, the drive to push out Shokin was an international effort widely celebrated at the time.

Biden was carrying out a policy developed at the State Department and coordinated with the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. The $1 billion in loan guarantees was essential leverage because the Ukrainian government needed the credit line to underwrite its budget. At stake was not just Shokin, but a broad package of reforms, including a shake-up of the cabinet, sought by Western powers.

The U.S. ambassador at the time, Geoffrey Pyatt, along with then-Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, were key champions of the policy at the day-to-day level. Shokin was considered a close associate of Poroshenko, so his removal required a lot of work. “He’s was completely Poroshenko’s creature,” recalled one former U.S. official involved in Ukraine policy.

Kahl said Biden had a version of the parliament speech in which he would have announced the loan guarantee if Poroshenko immediately had taken the actions demanded by the United States and its international partners. But since the Ukrainian leader did not remove Shokin during that trip, Biden instead emphasized the country’s corruption in his speech.

This is a major part that Trump and his followers seem to ignore.  

On April 14, Biden and Poroshenko had another call. Biden congratulated the president on his new cabinet and “stressed the urgency of putting in place a new Prosecutor General who would bolster the agency’s anti-corruption efforts and strongly support the work of its reformers,”

So, the US government and our allies all pushed for Shoken to be fired due to him NOT prosecuting corruption.  They then awarded Poroshenko for putting in place a new Inspector General who DID investigate and prosecute corruption.

Hmmmmm.....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The money in the IMF is already allocated. Allies haven't thrown in pennies, they make up 80% of the funds capital.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

The money in the IMF is already allocated. Allies haven't thrown in pennies, they make up 80% of the funds capital.

Further more the contributions are based on the size of the country's economy, so it would only make sense see that we would be contributing the most.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

From the article.

This is a major part that Trump and his followers seem to ignore.  

So, the US government and our allies all pushed for Shoken to be fired due to him NOT prosecuting corruption.  They then awarded Poroshenko for putting in place a new Inspector General who DID investigate and prosecute corruption.

Hmmmmm.....

OMG we're still doing this 

"“President Obama confirmed willingness to provide the third tranche of loan guarantees in the amount of $1 billion upon completion of the formation of a new government in Ukraine," the Ukrainian press service reported."

From whom do you think Obama gets that money?

on Bolton; he knows a political mud fight when he sees one.  If he testifies he'll bad mouth back at Trump while telling us nothing we didn't already know on UKR.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

OMG we're still doing this 

"“President Obama confirmed willingness to provide the third tranche of loan guarantees in the amount of $1 billion upon completion of the formation of a new government in Ukraine," the Ukrainian press service reported."

From whom do you think Obama gets that money?

on Bolton; he knows a political mud fight when he sees one.  If he testifies he'll bad mouth back at Trump while telling us nothing we didn't already know on UKR.

Where did the other $17B come from???

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/28/world/europe/ukraine-bailout.amp.html

It’s fast becoming one of the most amazing wonders of the world. How so many people watch what is going on here and don’t even question why he will fight so hard for these people to not testify. 

And then turn around and fully, without question, support him. 

He also has clearly demonstrated that neither he, nor his supporters have any clue how this process works. 

• Plus1 1