The First Trump Impeachment Thread

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes Dersh quotes that same history.  And they haven't seriously alleged an abuse of power that could possibly come close to a HCOM.  So there is no need to remind you how Obama traded favors with Russia to help him get reelected.  That deal was within the Executive's powers to make and execute foreign policy. 

What is a high crime or misdemeanor?

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes Dersh quotes that same history. 

Image result for sure okay

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And they haven't seriously alleged an abuse of power that could possibly come close to a HCOM. 

23 hours ago, QMany said:

If you actually read the Report of the Committee on the Judiciary House of Representatives, the section President Trump Committed “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” by Abusing the Powers of his Office incorporates Trump's bribery scheme. There is even a section lucidly titled President Trump’s Abuse of Power Encompassed Impeachable “Bribery” and Violations of Federal Criminal Law. 

Like I said before, bald-faced lies.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes Dersh quotes that same history.  And they haven't seriously alleged an abuse of power that could possibly come close to a HCOM.  So there is no need to remind you how Obama traded favors with Russia to help him get reelected.  That deal was within the Executive's powers to make and execute foreign policy. 

Does conspiracy to murder a US ambassador come close enough to HCOM?

13 minutes ago, commando said:

this parnas/hyde stuff is something that moscow mitch should have the senate look into during the trial.   of course he won't  

I don't know if he will have a choice. If enough Republican Senators want to get into that he can't stop it I'm pretty sure.

• Plus1 2

So, just to review.

Republican think Hillary is evil because an attack was made on an American embassy where an ambassador, and others, were killed and they think Hillary didn't do enough to protect them.  Hillary then spent over 8 hours testifying to Congress about the incident in an investigation that took 28 months and cost $3.3 million.

Fast forward, there is evidence that Trump possibly worked with foreign agents to conspire to murder an American ambassador.  Barr won't even open an investigation.

And...Republicans don't see a problem with any of this.

@Notre Dame Joe can you explain?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

We will see. There are enough Republicans that want witnesses that Mitch can't just dismiss already. They only need like 4 Republicans 

oh...i think there are enough republicans who will vote to allow witnesses.   but i bet the witnesses mitch allows are schiff, pelosi, and biden.   not any of the witnesses the dems want to bring in.

4 minutes ago, commando said:

oh...i think there are enough republicans who will vote to allow witnesses.   but i bet the witnesses mitch allows are schiff, pelosi, and biden.   not any of the witnesses the dems want to bring in.

I don't think that will happen. Roberts will have a say in what witnesses are allowed and people like Mitt Romney want to hear from Bolton. I'm sure he wants to hear from Lev now too. I really don't think this is gonna go down how Trump and Mitch want it to.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't think that will happen. Roberts will have a say in what witnesses are allowed and people like Mitt Romney want to hear from Bolton. I'm sure he wants to hear from Lev now too. I really don't think this is gonna go down how Trump and Mitch want it to.

i hope you are right.    i still think mitch will try to block them but it's possible he might not be able to.  

8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

High crimes and misdemeanors are whatever those carrying out impeachment decide they are. You are wrong.

• Plus1 1