The First Trump Impeachment Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

And Sasse tows the party line. To disappoint. Again. He's really just as awful and disappointing as any garden variety Republican at this point.

The growing extremism and culty vibe from the GOP ought to be enough for reasonable people to hit eject at this juncture. They must all be defeated. Every last one.

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, QMany said:

Trump didn't assert Executive Privilege, he just issued a blanket issue not to comply. But you knew that.

Obama didn't claim Executive Privilege over Fast & Furious as a whole, he did over select documents. But you knew that.

It took 4+ years, which is not practical when the President is actively and repeatedly rigging our elections.  Maybe that is exactly what you want? To allow the President to extort and/or bribe foreign countries to interfere in our elections as long as he can run out the clock. Furthermore, the Court didn't rule Obama overstepped the bounds of privilege. "This ruling is not predicated on a finding that the withholding was intended to cloak wrongdoing on the part of government officials or that the withholding itself was improper," the judge wrote. But you knew that too.

The only administration who meddled in the election was Obama's, and you know it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I have no problem hearing from the Bidens as long as Bolton, Mulvaney, Blair and Pompeo also testify. Let’s get all the facts out there for all to see. Trump should testify too, but it would never happen.  

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Notre Dame Joe  I guess Trump doesn’t want to call witnesses that could prove his innocence?

Every President has the right to frank and confidential advice from members of his administration .  Trump won't take less then everyone else.  Schumer was offered a deal on witnesses, yours for ours, and turned it down.  According to someone's logic here, the Bidens are acting like a guilty family. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Every President has the right to frank and confidential advice from members of his administration .  Trump won't take less then everyone else.  Schumer was offered a deal on witnesses, yours for ours, and turned it down.  According to someone's logic here, the Bidens are acting like a guilty family. 

That’s funny. 

I can express privilege for my lawyer to not testify against me until he’s involved in helping me commit a crime. 

That argument doesn’t hold water. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Every President has the right to frank and confidential advice from members of his administration .  Trump won't take less then everyone else.  

• Trump has not asserted executive privilege, for the tenth time.
  • Executive privilege is not absolute. See US v. Nixon, when a unanimous SCOTUS ruled against the President's withholding of criminal evidence. 
  • Lev Parnas, Rudy Guiliani, and John Bolton are not members of his Administration.
6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Schumer was offered a deal on witnesses, yours for ours, and turned it down.  According to someone's logic here, the Bidens are acting like a guilty family. 

Clinton testified under oath. Are you offering a Biden for Trump deal, or is your cult leader too much a coward?

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, QMany said:

The juxtaposition of the quote and chryon is just perfect.

on a pike politically....or trumps brownshirts actually putting them on a pike?  with how scared the republicans are of trump....i can believe both.

• Plus1 1

i can't get this tweet to embed...so copy and pasting  it here.   he does have a point

“The story is not that Putin is masterminding a vast brilliant attack on Western democracy. The story is Russian Mafia state cultivating profit-yielding relationships with aspiring US Mafia boss and his band of crooks, subverting democratic institutions.”
  • Plus1 1

Note the front page of Fox News. Not one headline about the actual issues in the impeachment trial. Everything is personal, deflecting, about the Democrats, about Schiff, about people being offended (thought that was a snowflake issue??!?!), etc.

When you can't debate the facts, you deflect the narrative.  And this is what half of America is consuming as their news.

e8rW3yo.png

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, funhusker said:

At what point can we call a poster "stupid" without it being a personal attack, but rather an accepted truth???

That's never going to be an option. Talk about their behaviors instead of your interpretation of their behaviors. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

That's never going to be an option. Talk about their behaviors instead of your interpretation of their behaviors. 

That seems to work...

As a teacher/coach I’ve had many conversations about “hey, I appreciate your efforts. But this class/position isn’t a good place for you to showcase your skills and be successful”

If a 12-18 year old can be told that, why not an adult?

I appreciate his persistence, but this thread isn’t doing him/her any favors.  It’s just sad.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1