Jump to content

The First Trump Impeachment Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, QMany said:

 

I had a very tiny glimmer of hope that Senators, including mine, would uphold the Constitution and remove Trump. I didn't think they would so quickly dispose of this without witnesses. Call me naive. 

 

Politically, this is probably the best outcome for Independents and Democrats, short of removal. This cover-up will hang heavy over their necks in November, 2022, etc. 

I agree...I would think if you are a Democrat that you just realized that you are winning the election with ease.

 

 

Link to post

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I agree...I would think if you are a Democrat that you just realized that you are winning the election with ease.

 

 

I wish I could agree wt the ease part.   I believe it will embolden trump to do even worse.  He's probably on the phone asking Putin for help now in scheming something new up.   He will lie his way through the primaries, nomination and general election. He will attack his opponent without any concern about backlash and he will promise jobs, a booming economy etc and the foolish will forget these days and just vote their pocketbook.  Could he get re-elected.  Yes.  He shocked us once and it is possible again.  Very important the Dems put forward a strong ticket.

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Going to court likely would have taken months to resolve and they simply didn’t have that kind of time.  You know this to be true. To address your other point. Executive privilege was NEVER exerted.  So that deflates your argument about that. 

 

The Ds had time for over 2 weeks vacation at the end of the inquiry.  Then Nancy dilly dallied for what seemed like a month after the vote.  That's a lot of time for the Courts to rule on these issues that would clearly be fastracked.  But I understand.  Nadler said they already had overwhelming proof, so we can ignore last minute attempts to reboot the trial.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I wish I could agree wt the ease part.   I believe it will embolden trump to do even worse.  He's probably on the phone asking Putin for help now in scheming something new up.   He will lie his way through the primaries, nomination and general election. He will attack his opponent without any concern about backlash and he will promise jobs, a booming economy etc and the foolish will forget these days and just vote their pocketbook.  Could he get re-elected.  Yes.  He shocked us once and it is possible again.  Very important the Dems put forward a strong ticket.

Yeah, I get what you are saying but Sanders or Biden can promise a booming economy and jobs too.

Link to post

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

 

The Ds had time for over 2 weeks vacation at the end of the inquiry.  Then Nancy dilly dallied for what seemed like a month after the vote.  That's a lot of time for the Courts to rule on these issues that would clearly be fastracked.  But I understand.  Nadler said they already had overwhelming proof, so we can ignore last minute attempts to reboot the trial.

Clinton trial allowed new witnesses and evidence 

Link to post

1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

We're talking about the Obama admin's spying in an election TODAY?

You sound like a good cult member - pointing the finger elsewhere while being in denial about what your dear leader has done. 

Deception continues when you are unwilling to look into the mirror.   Wrong is wrong - stop excusing what trump has done today because you believe someone else did something wrong yesterday.  Morality/ethics doesn't work that way.

 

If you read all of my old posts from the Obama era, you'll see that I was far from being an Obama supporter.  I took a lot of flack (some warranted and some not) for my strong opinions about Obama's policies.  So no deflection of the issue at hand will work on me.  In retrospect and despite my policy differences, I would say that trump isn't worthy of holding Obama's jock strap.   

 

One day you might wake up and get out of the deception.  I pray that you do. 

  • Plus1 2
Link to post
14 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

 

The Ds had time for over 2 weeks vacation at the end of the inquiry.  Then Nancy dilly dallied for what seemed like a month after the vote.  That's a lot of time for the Courts to rule on these issues that would clearly be fastracked.  But I understand.  Nadler said they already had overwhelming proof, so we can ignore last minute attempts to reboot the trial.

So, in other words you don't care about hearing from people who can tell you first hand what happened....as long as keeping them quite keeps your guy in office.

Link to post

lots of repubs have said something along of the lines of yeah...he did it...but...

 

 

seems like a bunch of responsible  guys and gals right there...voting to let someone they think is guilty go free.   

  • Plus1 1
Link to post
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...