The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, QMany said:

I respectfully disagree. Bribing/extorting a foreign country, with taxpayer money, to announce ginned-up investigations of a political opponent is unequivocally impeachable and worthy of removal.

I do agree that it is on a long list of other impeachable acts.

It's not a legal trial, but "reasonable doubt" still applies, and unfortunately the horrible optics of Hunter Biden offered just enough political cover for this single act. 

Reasonable doubt disappears when you establish a pattern of pathological behavior. It's not so much what Donald Trump did. It's what he could do next. He's a risk to everybody and everything he touches. As hyperbolic as that sounds, you can prove it. 

Also, you probably don't want to go down the rabbit hole of how taxpayer money is used for subversive political purposes. Not many presidents would survive it. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, there was never a chance the Senate was going to remove the President. 

This was about putting it on the public record and forcing every Republican up for election to explain themselves now and forever. 

I agree with this. And, it’s very clear that all but two Republicans want as much of this kept quiet as possible.

I know which side of that I fall as a voter who expects their elected officials to be held accountable.  

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with this. And, it’s very clear that all but two Republicans want as much of this kept quiet as possible.

I know which side of that I fall as a voter who expects their elected officials to be held accountable.  

You're not alone.

I think the general thinking on the GOP's part is that they averted disaster and can return to life as normal now.

I'm really not sure this actually helps them come November. Plenty of us are going to remember this.

At this point, I'm so numb to any wrongdoings by any of them that I just want it over with, much like I felt when this was first announced.  Presidents and VP's do shady s#!t with foreign entities, all the time.  Constantly.  And most of it is stuff we the public either don't need to know about or don't want to know about.  The difference here is that Trump didn't have all the branches approval.  The only reason Biden DID was because they just didn't give a damn.  Trump is such an entity that everything he does is looked at with a different intent.

So in the end, this didn't accomplish much in my opinion.  Obviously I'm probably wrong.  The anti Trump crowd will herald this as a stain on the GOP and that's fine and dandy.  The GOP is brushing this off their shoulder and business as usual.  Me over here, I'm just actually looking forward to seeing who the Dems put up against Trump for the election, the thing that actually has some implications on who leads this nation.

Feel free to tear this apart, I'm basically checking out for the week.  Going to go sample a nice variety of Glenlivet tonight, 5 different kinds!  Pretty stoked about that.

• Fire 1
42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Raise your hand if you didn't even know Estonia was currently a country again.

Also, I agree with him.  We (The US) needs to stop doing this and we need to leave other countries alone and we need to focus/spend on America first.

i am sure he was being sarcastic

5 minutes ago, commando said:

making fun of the senate decision that trump can do all that stuff that we used to preach about.

Yeah, that is what I thought.

And like I said...he is right.  We should not lecture other countries and we should not help other countries.  We should focus on us first.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that is what I thought.

And like I said...he is right.  We should not lecture other countries and we should not help other countries.  We should focus on us first.

he isn't saying that we should stop being the greatest country in the world that everyone looked to.   you and trump both seem to think we should go cower in the corner somewhere and be afraid of the rest of the world.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, commando said:

he isn't saying that we should stop being the greatest country in the world that everyone looked to.   you and trump both seem to think we should go cower in the corner somewhere and be afraid of the rest of the world.

Ummmm, no...I think we should worry about issues in the US first...

I also think that Estonia should focus on issues in Estonia first and so on.

I look at it like this...you should worry about you and your family first AND THEN you should worry about other families.  

• Thanks 1