The First Trump Impeachment Thread

3 minutes ago, QMany said:

Now, here's the really wacky logic that people in American Politics can't seem to see from the inside.

So....Kimberley is saying that The Democrats only forced the Senate to vote so that they can try to retake the Senate.  And...if they succeed, they can thank Romney.

Well.....ummmm.....maybe they should thank the Republicans that chose Trump over country.

Two quick thoughts:

1. Romney's vote is momentous, the first ever bipartisan removal vote. Trump's legacy will always carry this scarlet letter.
  2. I'm actually surprised he voted to acquit Article 2 Obstruction, setting precedent that the President can claim "absolute immunity" and block all documents and testimony without a viable executive privilege claim.

19 minutes ago, QMany said:

Two quick thoughts:

1. Romney's vote is momentous, the first ever bipartisan removal vote. Trump's legacy will always carry this scarlet letter.
  2. I'm actually surprised he voted to acquit Article 2 Obstruction, setting precedent that the President can claim "absolute immunity" and block all documents and testimony without a viable executive privilege claim.

I agree on both points, but I think point 2 is a symptom of the effectiveness of the obstruction. The Republican strategy was to force a limitation/flaw/error and then point out how that limitation means the processes was flawed and political. This allowed for a ton of legal wiggle room. Because this was a mechanism of the senate and could by and large be done behind closed doors, it didn't come from the president. In essence if I told you in a private conversation to harm someone and you did it and never told on me, it's never going to come back to me. The senate can't obstruct a senate trial when the majority agrees that what they're doing is fine, as such by the letter of the law they're likely right for crossing the threshold of beyond a reasonable doubt. 

It's absurd, but I can get it. 

Well it time for dems to wake the hell up and start doing something to get his approval rating down before November because they bungled this s#!t horribly. But that takes fighting fire with fire which the dems have no clue how to do because “civility”. Hammer him on healthcare! 7 million have lost their healthcare under him. Hes currently in court trying to get preexisting conditions removed but he tweets every day that hes protecting them. Call him a damn liar every time youre on TV! Do something god damnit!

Screw civility. He just said on national tv he will cut social security, medicare and medicaid! Use it! Fight! Every day you let him parade around claiming victory is another day closer to him getting elected.