knapplc

The First Trump Impeachment Thread

33 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Tell you what, I thought I was online a lot checking s#!t out...but some of you are on 24/7.  What the heck do you guys do at work all day?

“Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.”—Peter Gibbons 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Decoy73 said:

“Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.”—Peter Gibbons 

My god!  Perfect!

And honestly, for a lot of people I am sure there is a lot of truth to that!

How many voter will forget their present outrage by the time November rolls around?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

How many voter will forget their present outrage by the time November rolls around?

granted....there are some voters with short attention spans

44 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I finally got a chance to read Sasse's drivel. Basically, since Ukraine ultimately got the aid, no harm no foul. The Senate has never convicted a president before, so why start now. And let the voters decide Trump's fate.

Open letter from Ben Sasse presents his take on impeachment

» He believes the American people need to know the 2016 election was legitimate, and he believes it’s dangerous if they worry Russia picked America’s president. About this, he’s right.

» He believes the Crowdstrike theory of 2016, that Ukraine conducted significant meddling in our election. I don’t believe this theory, but the president has heard it repeatedly from people he trusts, chiefly Rudy Giuliani, and he believes it.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

I finally got a chance to read Sasse's drivel. Basically, since Ukraine ultimately got the aid, no harm no foul. The Senate has never convicted a president before, so why start now. And let the voters decide Trump's fate.

Open letter from Ben Sasse presents his take on impeachment

I've written  Senators Sasse and Fischer multiple times, the only thing it's accomplished is being put on their mailing list. Feels bad man. My dad went to Sasse's most recent town hall and said it was tense as hell, I wish him and Fischer would stand in front of their constituents more often to explain why they make the decisions they make. I guess "We're cowards" can only be said so many times.

• Plus1 1

So I guess we keep this tread alive for the next impeachment battle. :dunno  There may be more coming down the pike if trump is reelected.   while the conclusion wasn't without doubt, it is still very disappointing.  I think the House Mgrs presented a creditible case. It may have been stronger if they included the Mueller info - but even with that - it was a foregone conclusion. The GOP is now fully the party of Trump.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

So I guess we keep this tread alive for the next impeachment battle. :dunno  There may be more coming down the pike if trump is reelected.   while the conclusion wasn't without doubt, it is still very disappointing.  I think the House Mgrs presented a creditible case. It may have been stronger if they included the Mueller info - but even with that - it was a foregone conclusion. The GOP is now fully the party of Trump.

I get a feeling they may try again before election 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

I get a feeling they may try again before election 

I would think the SDNY has stuff that needs to come to light -  Next time it has to be evidence that is cannot be excused away as the GOP did.   

• Plus1 1

Just now, TGHusker said:

I would think the SDNY has stuff that needs to come to light -  Next time it has to be evidence that is cannot be excused away as the GOP did.   

it won't matter.   it would be "that is bad...but not enough to convict" or "we can't convict with the elections so near"

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Senator Sasse must think we have sh!t for brains.  Good God.  Just admit you were scared like all the other GOPers.  Romney is the only one in the whole Republican Senate with spine.  I will admit, though, that I hold Senator Sassee in higher regard than Senator Fischer.  I honestly believe she is pretty much clueless about everything.

• Plus1 3