The First Trump Impeachment Thread

13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

...maybe for the office they were removed from...but no "office of public trust"? how could that ever be enforced, and what would be the parameters?

Great question. Personally, I think Donnie deserves to be black-listed from even serving on the PTO board at Baron's school. But maybe that's just me... :D

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

...maybe for the office they were removed from...but no "office of public trust"? how could that ever be enforced, and what would be the parameters?

I think every election has a time where people have to be approved to be on the ballot right?  Its why CA and other states by saying not sharing taxes will result in not being on the ballot.  

10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think every election has a time where people have to be approved to be on the ballot right?  Its why CA and other states by saying not sharing taxes will result in not being on the ballot.  

I think you are right regarding National elections. State and local are much less stringently enforced...? not exactly sure

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That seems like justification of one side that fits your beliefs.

Is there a stimulation in the proposal to allow felons to vote.....as long as their crime wasn't voter fraud?

I think an interesting piece of this discussion is the concept of felons who have "rehabilitated" themselves. Seems to me a lot of folks are OK with restoring a lot of felon rights if they show contrition and can demonstrate they've tried to better themselves.

In this situation, does anyone believe Trump would show any contrition for his actions? Of course not. He'd throw a fit and yell and try to attack anyone he perceives to have wronged him, because he'd never believe he'd done anything wrong. Even if he literally used his government office to commit a crime - perhaps a felony - which required holding his office to commit.

Trump never shows any contrition or remorse for anything. Zero sympathy if his crimes catch up to him & cost him.

• Plus1 2
18 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

A fun little tidbit...

In the interim, he could be prosecuted for crimes he has dodged solely because of an OLC Opinion (not law). The campaign finance violations Cohen did time for at Trump's direction and multiple counts of obstruction of justice outlined clearly in Mueller's report are slam dunks.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn't it interesting how he always says there were many people on the call that claim there was no "Quid Pro Quo".....well....unless someone that's involved claims there WAS "Quid Pro Quo"....and then...they are scum.

He found nothing in the transcripts, but mention they were not complete/accurate. But you know that don't you, Donald?

This should be interesting :snacks:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7632107/John-Bolton-evidence-closed-door-impeachment-hearing-week.html

John Bolton will testify in Donald Trump's impeachment inquiry next week as Democrats will look for the former national security adviser to burn the president in his deposition.

Bolton is scheduled to testify on next Thursday, the DailyMail.com confirmed. 

He was reported to be frustrated with efforts by Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani to run a shadow foreign policy with the Ukraine and called the former mayor 'a hand grenade who's going to blow everyone up.'

Also testifying next week will be National Security Council legal adviser John Eisenberg and his deputy Michael Ellis. They are scheduled for Monday. The testimony was first reported by The New York Times.