The First Trump Impeachment Thread

54 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is absolutely getting sick.  The only reason these people want his/her name printed is so they can be intimidated.

See my post in the Cult of Trump thread I just posted.  Rand Paul is one of those power hungry GOPers adulterating himself before the dear leader.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm so sick of these people.

Isn't it amazing how pretzel like they get in doing all of the twists to support this president.  It is amazing how quickly and easily and willingly they sell their integrity to gain a seat at the table of power.  Rand Paul has lost all of my respect. While he had lost much of it  when he flamed out so early in the 2016 election cycle- it has become evident he is just an empty suit a political hack.

Yes it is sickening.

giphy.gif

Sondland's testimony revisions today blow any last semblance of legal defense to shreds. 

Seriously, all that is left for Trump is to beg/argue it is not an impeachable offense. 

Image result for bold strategy cotton

Will Republican Senators tie themselves to this extortion, bribery, abuse of power, obstruction, etc. for personal gain!?!

• Plus1 4

I hope it gets the amplification it deserves - they he talked to Perry and the WH Counsel in advance, that he testified and then after proof was provided by others he changed his testimony

(I think I'm getting that right - seriously if you walk away for an hour $hit hits the fan)

• Plus1 1

Meanwhile, once Trump supporter, Mooch now has revised the Trump exit to March 2020 - the date he says the GOP will wash their hands for Trump because he is too deep into dodo and they are tired of it. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/president-trump-will-be-out-of-office-by-march-2020-says-anthony-scaramucci-210434593.html

Former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci predicts Republican lawmakers will pressure President Trump to leave office by March 2020.

“When you talk to elected Republicans privately they can’t stand the president. They know the president is a lawless person and basically a criminal,” Scaramucci told Yahoo Finance’s On the Move.

The “Mooch” as he is called by friends, updated his earlier prediction that Republican leaders on Capitol Hill would ask the president to leave office by the end of the year. “Unfortunately I got that part of it wrong,” Scaramucci said. “I was counting on levels of valor and patriotism from my fellow Republicans and we didn’t get that yet.”

But Scaramucci, a political insider who was part of Trump’s finance committee in 2016 and joined the administration for a brief 11-day run as communications director in 2017, says the president’s approval rating keeps falling as the impeachment inquiry uncovers more scandals within the White House.

Scaramucci said Republicans can’t ignore the new polls from Fox News and NBC/Wall Street Journal which show a growing number of Americans, 49%, want Trump removed from office. “I predict that’s now going to have to go to 60 and when it’s 60, Republicans are going to have to cut and run.”

“The president tries to shame people. He'll bully people,” said Scaramucci. “Remember, we have to be 100% loyal to him like he's David Koresh, or Jim Jones from the Jonestown Kool-Aid punch. If you're not 100% loyal to him he flips out.”

Scaramucci said Republicans should have acted sooner despite what he calls their fear to act.

“The stink of the president would have lasted a little while, but not that long. I mean, they're overestimating his power of intimidation,” he said. “And they're underestimating how good they could be post his departure.”

46 minutes ago, QMany said:

Pretty much closes the door on any valid trump defense IMHO.  Note the bold below.  I wonder if this thing takes down Pence also??

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sondland-updates-impeachment-testimony-describing-ukraine-quid-pro-quo/ar-AAJTPJr

WASHINGTON — A critical witness in the impeachment inquiry offered Congress substantial new testimony this week, revealing that he told a top Ukrainian official that the country likely would not receive American military aid unless it publicly committed to investigations President Trump wanted.

The disclosure from Gordon D. Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, in four new pages of sworn testimony released on Tuesday, confirmed his involvement in laying out a quid pro quo to Ukraine that he had previously not acknowledged. The issue is at the heart of the impeachment investigation into Mr. Trump, which turns on the allegation the president abused his power to extract political favors from a foreign power.

Mr. Trump has consistently maintained that he did nothing wrong and that there was no quid pro quo with Ukraine.

Mr. Sondland’s testimony offered several major new details beyond the account he gave the inquiry in a 10-hour interview last month. He provided a more robust description of his own role in alerting the Ukrainians that they needed to go along with investigative requests being demanded by the president’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani. By early September, Mr. Sondland said, he had become convinced that military aid and a White House meeting were conditioned on Ukraine committing to those investigations.

he additions Mr. Sondland made to his testimony were significant because they were the first admission by a senior figure who had direct contact with Mr. Trump that the military aid for Ukraine was being held hostage to the president’s demands for investigations into his political rivals. A wealthy Oregon hotelier who donated to the president’s campaign and was rewarded with the plum diplomatic post, Mr. Sondland can hardly be dismissed as a “Never Trumper,” a charge that Mr. Trump has leveled against many other officials who have offered damaging testimony about his conduct with regard to Ukraine.

As such, Mr. Sondland’s new, fuller account is likely to complicate Republicans’ task in defending the president against the impeachment push, effectively leaving them with no argument other than that demanding a political quid pro quo from a foreign leader may be concerning, but — in the words of Mr. Trump himself — is not “an impeachable event.”

In his updated testimony, Mr. Sondland recounted how he had discussed the link with Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine, on the sidelines of a Sept. 1 meeting between Vice President Mike Pence and Mr. Zelensky in Warsaw. Mr. Zelensky had discussed the suspension of aid with Mr. Pence, Mr. Sondland said.

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Goodness it will be interesting to see what's behind the behavior of Graham and some of these guys.  Can it really simply be money?

Many many months ago, I read speculation that Graham is gay and doesn't want outed.  Trump knows and has threatened to go public if he doesn't back him 100%.

It's an odd theory but, the about face Graham has done on Trump would indicate to me there is something going on that Trump has on him.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Many many months ago, I read speculation that Graham is gay and doesn't want outed.  Trump knows and has threatened to go public if he doesn't back him 100%.

It's an odd theory but, the about face Graham has done on Trump would indicate to me there is something going on that Trump has on him.

I'd agree - but it has to be worse than just being gay don't you think.  That's hardly a scandle anymore.

• Plus1 1