The First Trump Impeachment Thread

34 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yet, Mich has been a blue state for a long time until 2016.  Trump hasn't restored the manufacturing sector so I think that hurts him there.

It hasn't really gotten any worse either. GM cut jobs, but their new UAW contract gives the unions a pay bump. Chrysler will be adding jobs over the next few years with major plant investments around Detroit. Ford cut jobs, but they have a major autonomous campus investment right next to downtown Detroit.

The auto industry is at a really odd point right now. Sales are trending down, but investment in future products (think electrification and autonomy) are trending up. To accommodate that the big 3 and their supply base are actively trying to cut costs wherever they can. It feels like the industry is at a tipping point again, but it's anyone's guess which way it will go.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The auto industry is at a really odd point right now. Sales are trending down, but investment in future products (think electrification and autonomy) are trending up. To accommodate that the big 3 and their supply base are actively trying to cut costs wherever they can. It feels like the industry is at a tipping point again, but it's anyone's guess which way it will go.

That's really not that odd of a scenario.  A product line is declining so research and development of a new product line is increased along with decreases in production of the lines that aren't selling as much.

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Problem is, you have to first realize and admit you've been fooled for this to kick in.

True - and like their cult leader himself - one should never admit a mistake, a fault or ask forgiveness (of God or anyone). Besides Trump said he never did anything that required him to seek forgiveness.  :facepalm:

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's really not that odd of a scenario.  A product line is declining so research and development of a new product line is increased along with decreases in production of the lines that aren't selling as much.

Right, that's not necessarily odd. Other than trucks and SUVs aren't really what you would think of when it comes to autonomy and electrification.

What's odd to me is all the cost saving going on when they still have pretty healthy revenue streams. And I'm not talking about the big 3, I'm talking supply base too. These guys have a lot of funding for new programs, but I'm seeing some bigger companies down sizing, taking away work cell phones, restricting travel, etc. It could be a smart move to ride out rough seas ahead, or they could be screwed and have nothing left to jettison when a storm hits.

Sometimes I think it's a self fulfilling proficiency when we we predict economic down turns. Everyone pulls back and invests less, so they're less buying power for the working class that drives the economy.

I think if I were the Democrats, I'd stop wasting time and effort on this futile impeachment and refocus funding and focus on a candidate people might actually vote for.  But instead we're going to go through this smoke and mirror act for nothing and by the time the election happens nobody worthwhile will oppose Trump and he will get another 4 years.

This is why politics are stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Redux said:

I think if I were the Democrats, I'd stop wasting time and effort on this futile impeachment and refocus funding and focus on a candidate people might actually vote for.  But instead we're going to go through this smoke and mirror act for nothing and by the time the election happens nobody worthwhile will oppose Trump and he will get another 4 years.

Yes lets just set a standard that the President will not be held accountable anymore.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

I take it you aren't a fan of any of the current front runners.   What type of candidate would you want to see built up to run against Trump and his misinformation campaign?

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

It is their constitutional duty. They can walk and chew gum at the same time. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Redux said:

So.....congress shouldn't be concerned about corruption in the Whitehouse.

Interesting.

17 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes lets just set a standard that the President will not be held accountable anymore.

I'd rather see a standard where everyone in Washington and those connected to it are held accountable instead of just focusing on the orange guy.

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So.....congress shouldn't be concerned about corruption in the Whitehouse.

Because Congress is so honest and not corrupt.