The First Trump Impeachment Thread

27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

WTF????

You know they should all be thrown out of office for not upholding the oath of their office  - to serve the people and to uphold and protect the constitution.  Their loyalties are to the Cult leader and they have lost any sense of decorum and responsibility of congressional oversight.  

They should be wearing these also:

gettysburg-museum-history031-131.jpg

tenor.gif

Vindman's Opening Statement: https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20191119_-_ltc_alex_vindman_opening_statement.pdf

July 10, 2019: Danylyuk Visit

On July 10, 2019, Oleksandr Danylyuk, then Ukraine’s National Security Advisor, visited Washington, D.C. for a meeting with National Security Advisor Bolton. Ambassadors Volker and Sondland and Secretary Rick Perry also attended the meeting. I attended the meeting with Dr. Hill. We fully anticipated the Ukrainians would raise the issue of a meeting between the two presidents. Ambassador Bolton cut the meeting short when Ambassador Sondland started to speak about the requirement that Ukraine deliver specific investigations in order to secure the meeting with President Trump. Following this meeting, there was a short debriefing during which Amb. Sondland emphasized the importance of Ukraine delivering the investigations into the 2016 election, the Bidens, and Burisma. I stated to Ambassador Sondland that this was inappropriate and had nothing to do with national security. Dr. Hill also asserted his comments were improper. Following the meeting Dr. Hill and I had agreed to report the incident to the NSC’s lead counsel, Mr. John Eisenberg.

July 25, 2019: Parliamentary Election Call

On July 21, 2019, President Zelenskyy’s party won parliamentary elections in another landslide victory. The NSC proposed that President Trump call President Zelenskyy to congratulate him. On July 25, 2019, the call occurred. I listened in on the call in the Situation Room with White House colleagues. I was concerned by the call, what I heard was improper, and I reported my concerns to Mr. Eisenberg. It is improper for the President of the United States to demand a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen and political opponent. It was also clear that if Ukraine pursued an investigation into the 2016 election, the Bidens, and Burisma, it would be interpreted as a partisan play. This would undoubtedly result in Ukraine losing bipartisan support, undermine U.S. national security, and advance Russia’s strategic objectives in the region. I want to emphasize to the Committee that when I reported my concerns -- on July 10, relating to Ambassador Sondland, and on July 25, relating to the President -- I did so out of a sense of duty. I privately reported my concerns, in official channels, to the proper authorities in the chain of command. My intent was to raise these concerns because they had significant national security implications for our country.

Dad, my sitting here today, in the US Capitol talking to our elected officials is proof that you made the right decision forty years ago to leave the Soviet Union and come here to the United States of America in search of a better life for our family. Do not worry, I will be fine for telling the truth.

• Thanks 2

Comparing counsel, it really isn't a fair fight.

Democrats:

• Adam Schiff: Stanford University, Harvard Law School JD, passed the bar and became LA Assistant US Attorney where he prosecuted the case against Richard Miller, a former FBI agent convicted of "passing secret documents to the Soviet Union in exchange for a promised $65,000 in gold and cash."
  • Adam Goldman: Yale University, Stanford Law School, passed the bar and became SDNY Assistant US Attorney where he prosecuted a variety of cases, including securities and white-collar fraud cases, as well as a racketeering and murder conviction against the acting boss of the Genovese Crime Family.

Republicans: 

• Devin Nunes: Associate of Arts degree from the College of the Sequoias, Bachelors and Masters from Cal Poly in agriculture.
  • Jim Jordan: Ohio State University, Capital University Law School, never passed the bar or practiced law.
  • Steve Castor: George Washington Law School, practiced commercial litigation in Philadelphia and D.C., counsel for Republican Oversight for 14 years (Benghazi, IRS focusing on political targets, etc.).

giphy.gif

(To be fair, Steve Castor doesn't have a legitimate legal defense to work with).

• Plus1 1

:lol:

I have conducted direct and cross-examination of police officers/sheriffs in depositions and trial, and even I knew to be respectful and use their proper titles. I can't imagine the audacity to do that to a Purple Heart-winning Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army sitting there in uniform! 

• Plus1 1