The First Trump Impeachment Thread

19 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Never said Trump was innocent. But he should be presumed so until proven otherwise

The guy's given us 4+ straight years in the spotlight proving he's a lying scumbag.

At this point I presume everything he says is a lie to somehow benefit himself and whatever he accuses others of - e.g., corruption with the Ukrainians - is something he himself is guilty of. It's all projection with him, all the time. His protestations fall pretty flat.

• Plus1 4
21 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

and.....What do you think the opening statement today indicates?

Honest question.  When I first saw this, I thought it was a photoshop.  Is this for real?

PS....I absolutely hate how this site lumps posts together automatically.  I did not mean for my second post to be asked towards just who I quoted.

Sad/funny that he can't even spell Zelensky's name correctly....

Unrelated to today but I don't understand why Democrats don't look into the first time Trump used aid to get Ukraine to help him personally by dropping the case with Manafort. Extorting Ukraine for personal favors is a pattern of behavior for Trump not a one time incident 

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

On the impeachment, I'm fairly impartial, but the presumption of innocence is a benchmark of our justice system. I know when it's a republican on the hot seat, you would prefer a lynch mob mentality, but that's not how this deal works...

People posting on huskerboard has nothing to do with the jury in a criminal trial. That's not how this deal works...

• Plus1 3

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The most fascinating part of this whole mess is that Biden isn't even likely to get the nomination at this point.

Much like Nixon, with his huge polling lead and likely sure win, had no need to burgle Watergate, Trump really had no need to fabricate dirt on Biden.

yes - History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes,” as Mark Twain

Both Nixon and Trump were/are power hungry and anxious, insecure men and un-trusting of those around them.  Anxiety moves them to make decisions that rational men would not.