The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

And yet, Trump is almost begging the Dems to impeach him in some ways.  He thinks he can turn it against the Dems and portray himself as the victim and the dems as the villain.

Trump isn't exactly known for his strategery or deep-thinking, nor is he surrounded by the brightest bulbs either.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Let him try. If Trump has to testify at any point its over for him. We know his strategy is to flip it on the other side but that strategy doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If he is pressed he doesn't have answers except to cry about the other side so I don't see why we don't put all the pressure on. He is bound to crack.

I agree.  Let him stand on his own two feet instead of allowing others to take the hit for him as others have.  He'd be force to tell the truth otherwise they'd get him on perjury.  There is a reason he wouldn't sit down wt Mueller.    But if they do impeach him, I see a constitutional crisis arising wt him resisting any demand  for him to testify.  Wt the current crop of GOP apologists,  they will support their leader.  It ends up in the SC and who knows what would happen.    Trump won't step down like Nixon did when impeachment was about to occur.  And this is a far different situation than the Clinton impeachment.  Clinton's actions by and large did not hurt the country outside of the example they set.  Trump's actions including what appears to be his support if not facilitation of Russian tampering hits to the core of our democracy. 

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

This is why Trump is 'scarier' than Nixon.  While flawed, Nixon had some sense of responsibility to the country and he had some shame.   Trump feels only responsibility towards himself, preserving his brand and his legacy and he knows no shame - never had to ask God for forgiveness you might remember.  Nixon left out of 'duty to the nation'.  He could have stayed and fight for his name but I think he knew it was a losing cause.  Yes, it kept him from being impeached but it also kept the country out of a lot of turmoil and after Vietnam, we didn't need any more turmoil.  It would have been a very, very difficult time for the country to suffer through an impeachment.

Trump on the other hand, is standing on false courage. He can say he won't leave because he knows the Senate won't convict him of anything while it is under GOP control.  Turn the tables and let him face a Dem control House and Senate like Nixon did, and we'd see how courageous he will be.  If the Dems turn the Senate and keep the House - Old brave heart may turn into chicken little.  Imagine the tweet storms.   Besides, how many wives and businesses has Trump left behind :dunno

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Trump just openly admitted on a TV interview that he has no problem accepting info from a foreign government to help with an election.

IN THE FUTURE.  If after all he's been through he still thinks it's ok then seriously, does anyone actually think he did not do it when he "didn't know" it was wrong. 

I'm so angry at this point.  They can not avoid impeachment now - Wray and Coats need to resign immediately.

• Plus1 3