The First Trump Impeachment Thread

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine with pointing out both if there is evidence of both.

But...at this point, if I have to vote for one...yes, Biden would get my vote.

We shouldn't treat things the claims or accusations of Giuliani or Trump the same as anyone else's.

There's a tendency to say "Well, let's look into both [so we feel like we're being impartial]."

But we shouldn't, because they're ghouls who will say or do anything they think will help them.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The senate won’t get 20 republican votes to impeach him. I feel this could actually benefit Trump in the long run. 

those same republicans all voted in favor of trump releasing the whistle blower report.   this almost feels like the republicans are ready to throw trump under the bus.

1 minute ago, commando said:

those same republicans all voted in favor of trump releasing the whistle blower report.   this almost feels like the republicans are ready to throw trump under the bus.

Too many of them would be worried about losing their jobs, although I’m sure many of them would like to. 

1 minute ago, commando said:

that is what the far right wing thinks.

I think it'll track similarly to what happened with Nixon. Trump's popularity will rise for a few months and then start fading and keep fading all the way to the end of the impeachment proceedings. I also think the Republicans will lose big in popularity because either they'll go down with Trump or Trump's base will turn on them.