The First Trump Impeachment Thread

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I heard someone say yesterday that the phone call was not recorded. 

So, how do they get a transcript then?

This is a good thread from past staffers that explains it well.   Net-net though, it's a synopsis that is dependent on those who are transcribing it.  Even more important that they see the whistleblower report.

Then there's the possibility that the other government does have recordings.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

This is a good thread from past staffers that explains it well.   Net-net though, it's a synopsis that is dependent on those who are transcribing it.  Even more important that they see the whistleblower report.

So we don't know how accurate the transcript would actually be, and we don't know yet if the whistleblower report is going to include info that can be willingly corroborated. But given the fact that Trump's corruption has been obvious for all to see for a long time now, and even with the info that has already been out there Pelosi resisted any impeachment efforts up until now, I hope that the fact that they are finally moving forward means that she is now aware of some hard evidence that they can build a tight case with. 

There is a definite possibility that a doctored transcript comes out of this, so I would tend to think that she has something stronger up her sleeve (although I also hesitate to give Pelosi too much credit until she actually delivers a punch to Trump's mouth).

13 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So we don't know how accurate the transcript would actually be, and we don't know yet if the whistleblower report is going to include info that can be willingly corroborated.

That's my biggest problem in this.  It's going to come down to a "He said/he said" case once again.  I'm also very concerned about the White House "preparing" the transcript and Whistle Blower report.  

I hope and pray that if it comes out edited from the original to make the President look better, people behind the scenes (other than just the Whistle Blower) come out publicly about the editing.

• Plus1 1

I wish I had transcripts of me talking to girls on the phone while in middle school

"Hey, no...I think...I mean...I think you look good with braces, no...really, I do...I do!  Who?  Tommy Felderstone?  He asked you to the dance??? (slight pause) . MOM HANG UP THE PHONE!  HANG UP!  STOP DIALING MOM!!!!!"

• Haha 4