The First Trump Impeachment Thread

13 minutes ago, QMany said:

How Watergate Changed Public Opinion of Richard Nixon

Even the day he resigned, 24% thought Nixon was doing a good job.  That blows my mind.  I'm guessing those are the same type of people that believe Trump no matter what, and Trump will still have a 35% approval rating no matter what he does.

• Plus1 4
33 minutes ago, sho said:

Even the day he resigned, 24% thought Nixon was doing a good job.  That blows my mind.  I'm guessing those are the same type of people that believe Trump no matter what, and Trump will still have a 35% approval rating no matter what he does.

actually not hard to believe.  Nixon had accomplished some real things during his administration and not 'fake'  things like Trump(peace wt NK, win trade war, booming economy, wall being built).  He wasn't a very likable guy but he made his mark esp on foreign affairs.  His reputation was somewhat enhanced  some years later as others sought his advise on foreign affairs.  But watergate will be his legacy.  For Trump - history I believe will be much more harsh.  He was unlikable by most, survived on Obama's coat tails as he rode the economy trajectory up, and didn't accomplish anything substantial.  Nixon was seen as paranoid and made the mistake of the coverup.   Trump will be seen as corrupt.  While paranoid isn't good, corrupt is much worse.

• Plus1 1