The First Trump Impeachment Thread

Related to the above - this may end up before the SC eventually to decide.  Seems to me, preventing the guy from testifying is only to protect the guilty - if there was nothing to hide, there is no reason not to testify.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/state-department-bars-key-witness-testifying-impeachment-probe/story?id=66131125

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, the Democrat leading the impeachment investigation, said the "failure to produce this witness" would be considered "strong evidence of obstruction."

Schiff said the State Department also is withholding text messages or emails Sondland has on a personal device.

• Thanks 1

So, I haven't bothered to research this any further but if the White House says that someone isn't allowed to testify what exactly is stopping them from testifying if they want to of their own accord. Would it invalidate their testimony, like evidence from an illegal search?

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Let's just make this clear so even the Trump supporters can understand:

You don't stop someone who can exonerate you from testifying.

That's the extraordinary thing here. Even Clinton's team showed up to the Benghazi hearings. They may have pled the 5th in some cases, but they showed up for Christ sake!

• Plus1 1

Didn’t read the whole article or copy it, but Lindsey Graham says the Senate is inviting Giuliani to testify because of what the House is doing. I felt it was implied that the libs in the House were being a$$h@!es, which leads me to believe the rest of the GOP is gonna go all in this Biden investigation in retaliation. Giuliani has shown himself to be absolutely bats#!t crazy the past 3.5 years. Using his testimony as evidence in support of an investigation into Trump’s crackpot theory would be asinine. 

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Didn’t read the whole article or copy it, but Lindsey Graham says the Senate is inviting Giuliani to testify because of what the House is doing. I felt it was implied that the libs in the House were being a$$h@!es, which leads me to believe the rest of the GOP is gonna go all in this Biden investigation in retaliation. Giuliani has shown himself to be absolutely bats#!t crazy the past 3.5 years. Using his testimony as evidence in support of an investigation into Trump’s crackpot theory would be asinine. 

They are desperate if they're going to put Guiliani in the witness seat. He will come of looking like a loon, and he's going to be cross-examined by Democrats who will absolutely bring up the Ukraine.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let's just make this clear so even the Trump supporters can understand:

You don't stop someone who can exonerate you from testifying.

Bingo, Case Closed,  Close the Gate,   That is a Wrap.  The FAT LADY has sung. Pure as the wind driven snow (not the kind Trump plays with:o)  Bye-Bye American Pie. It is over when it is over and it is now over!  Just going through the final mop up details from this period forward.

No truer / clear words spoken on the issue. 

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My comment:  :rollin:rollin:rollin

The Dems have foot in the mouth Uncle Joe but Rudy takes it to a whole new level.  Who needs enemies when you have Rudy testifying on your behalf?? 

• Plus1 1