The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I guess this is as good a place as any.

My sister in law told me about a theory about a year ago that Trump wanted to use the wall as a way to launder $. They’re using private contractors so it probably wouldn’t be that hard (except I suppose that everyone would know who they are).

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if that was the case.

I mean really at this point the only surprising thing would be if the wall was not being used to launder money. This administration and this whole deal is....is.....is beyond words. They always said if you want to make a lie believable to take it to the extreme. I'm not sure extreme covers this sufficiently.

I wonder how long it will be before someone mentions Rudy's name and the Logan act in the same sentence. As Trump's personal lawyer (not the President's) he can not negotiate in anyway with a foreign government.

Also, he says his bank account is clean. He's going through a divorce right now and being accessed of hiding money and working for Trump for free. How much do you want to bet he set up a shell company that is having money funneled to it by some arm of the Trump organization, so he can recoup the money once this "blows over".

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Can they? I think Pence can easily be taken down with Trump at this point

I would imagine the only thing preventing Moscow Mitch from scuttling the impeachment process is the Dems guaranteed they wouldn't go after Pence, and let him serve out the term & run for reelection.

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would imagine the only thing preventing Moscow Mitch from scuttling the impeachment process is the Dems guaranteed they wouldn't go after Pence, and let him serve out the term & run for reelection.

I say screw Pence and Moscow Mitch, let him go down in history defending these clowns. Unless Pence is blowing the whistle he is beyond complicit in everything this administration is involved in.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Can they? I think Pence can easily be taken down with Trump at this point

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pence has already declined to participate in the impeachment inquiry. He's willing to go down with the ship dinghy.

• Thanks 1