The First Trump Impeachment Thread

30 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's actually part of the BITE model for cults...where you have to always be persecuted to feel like you're doing the right thing.

https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/

The author of the BITE model is the premiere expert on cults in America.  He's also the author of "The Cult of Trump" which I previously spoke about in THIS POST.

It's since been released.  I haven't bought it yet but when I do, I may do a review here sometime.

I think this is also relevant to the Christians that scream about being persecuted in the USA.  “War on Christmas” for example...

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think this is also relevant to the Christians that scream about being persecuted in the USA.  “War on Christmas” for example...

And religious freedom, which is cried about by the GOP all the time. But only when Christians want to treat gays as lesser beings and are told they can’t.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

It's actually part of the BITE model for cults...where you have to always be persecuted to feel like you're doing the right thing.

https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/

The author of the BITE model is the premiere expert on cults in America.  He's also the author of "The Cult of Trump" which I previously spoke about in THIS POST.

It's since been released.  I haven't bought it yet but when I do, I may do a review here sometime.

Thanks for the info man. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the book if you decide to do so.

That really does fit perfectly with the modern GOP, Christians, etc. mentioned here, doesn't it?

37 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Mods, apparently we can delete this entire topic. Bribery is no longer an impeachable offense.

So, if it isn't an impeachable offense, then we did it. But if it is impeachable, then we didn't do it. Do I have that right?

• Plus1 1

It's important to remember here that Trump is a liar. It's easy to notice the big, easily disprovable lies. But, we cannot forget the little lies matter too. A president who lies about all manner of things big and small is not fit to be president.

Trump is lying about the transcript. It's not a transcript. It's selectively edited excerpts from a transcript. They cut out the most damning stuff.

He's trying to pass off little lies as truth because people are always busy pointing out the big lies.

Contemplate for a moment how completely f***** the moral rectitude is of someone that would do that and how damaging it is for our country.

• Plus1 3

This is the most important thing through this unfortunate process. We know it was quid pro quo, they have admitted it! But don't tie yourself to that narrow verbiage. Quid pro quo is normal in foreign policy for American benefit, but it is corruption and abuse of power when used for personal political benefit. Don't let them muddy the waters.  

Also, obstruction of justice! Those should be the concise titles of four articles of impeachment with all of the damning evidence bullet-pointed below. 

• Plus1 1