The First Trump Impeachment Thread

8 minutes ago, commando said:

reminds me of this

Thats the front the Trumpers are taking on today. Testimony helped Trump, the dems are a mess, this proves Biden and Obama corruption, Trump did what he was supposed to do yada yada yada. How long can they keep muddying the water with their head in the sand?

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Speculation this isn't the first time Trump has leveraged military assistance in exchange for personal help from Ukraine. Interesting how Ukraine stopped cooperating with Mueller soon after aid was released in 2018......

I don't think it is just speculation.

The State Department issued an export license for the missiles on Dec. 22, and on March 2 the Pentagon announced final approval for the sale of 210 Javelins and 35 launching units. The order to halt investigations into Mr. Manafort came in early April.

Volodymyr Ariev, a member of Parliament who is an ally of President Petro O. Poroshenko, readily acknowledged that the intention in Kiev was to put investigations into Mr. Manafort’s activities “in the long-term box.”

“In every possible way, we will avoid irritating the top American officials,” Mr. Ariev said in an interview. “We shouldn’t spoil relations with the administration.”

Ukraine, Seeking U.S. Missiles, Halted Cooperation With Mueller Investigation, New York Times, May 2, 2018.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, QMany said:

I don't think it is just speculation.

Ukraine, Seeking U.S. Missiles, Halted Cooperation With Mueller Investigation, New York Times, May 2, 2018.

Hadn't seen the old news article just the timeline of events. Extortion and bribery is Trump in default mode. Surprised Dems haven't hammered down this line of questioning as well when the republicans keep on about how Trump is giving much more aid than Obama. Thats because Trump needs more personal favors from Ukraine than Obama did. They might be saving that for their next witness. I mean if you can establish a pattern of extorting Ukraine for personal reasons thats better than just the one event. 

This is very entertaining. Watching it all play out.  But, when it really comes down to what is going to happen, I think there’s pretty much a forgone conclusion.  The House will impeach. The Senate will hold trials, but will not confirm. Trump will finish out his term and it will be ugly. The 2020 election will be one of the ugliest anyone can remember.  Hopefully the Dems get their stuff together and nominate someone who’s electable. 

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

This is very entertaining. Watching it all play out.  But, when it really comes down to what is going to happen, I think there’s pretty much a forgone conclusion.  The House will impeach. The Senate will hold trials, but will not confirm. Trump will finish out his term and it will be ugly. The 2020 election will be one of the ugliest anyone can remember.  Hopefully the Dems get their stuff together and nominate someone who’s electable. 

That is the most likely outcome, but I think removal has more of a chance than people give it credit for. I was reading an article recently that 3 republican senators could force a secret vote and if its a secret vote all bets are off.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

That's what is so sad. 

We are seeing clear-cut bribery, extortion, campaign finance violations, obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and on and on and on.

Many think it is a foregone conclusion that the Senate Republicans will condone this behavior.

But it is the Dems that need to get their stuff together and nominate someone who's electable.

:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

That is the most likely outcome, but I think removal has more of a chance than people give it credit for. I was reading an article recently that 3 republican senators could force a secret vote and if its a secret vote all bets are off.

My prediction, if it's a public vote in the Senate, it'll play out just like @Decoy73said, where they won't confirm the impeachment.   Trump will use that for a rallying cry saying it was a sham and all bets are off for 2020, and more meddling will happen from foreign interests.

If the Senate makes it a private vote, I predict he will be impeached, he will not go quietly and it will fracture the Republican party for the 2020 election and a Democrat will win in a landslide, and there will be meddling from foreign interests.

Sadly the 2016 and 2020 elections will be the new norm until special interest groups get run out of DC, but considering those groups are lining the pockets of Congress members, it will not happen and we as citizens will continue to see s*%%show elections for the foreseeable future.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, sho said:

My prediction, if it's a public vote in the Senate, it'll play out just like @Decoy73said, where they won't confirm the impeachment.   Trump will use that for a rallying cry saying it was a sham and all bets are off for 2020, and more meddling will happen from foreign interests.

If the Senate makes it a private vote, I predict he will be impeached, he will not go quietly and it will fracture the Republican party for the 2020 election and a Democrat will win in a landslide, and there will be meddling from foreign interests.

Sadly the 2016 and 2020 elections will be the new norm until special interest groups get run out of DC, but considering those groups are lining the pockets of Congress members, it will not happen and we as citizens will continue to see s*%%show elections for the foreseeable future.

I'd say that is a pretty accurate assesment. 

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

At first, I didn't want the vote to be secret because I wanted to know who voted to support this pathetic President with all the evidence.  But, the more I think about it, I think that's the only way these idiots will have the guts to vote to remove him.  They don't want their constituents to know they voted to remove dear leader.

But....wouldn't it be funny if it was unanimous so....well....we would know that everyone voted to remove him.?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1