The First Trump Impeachment Thread

You guys are trying to convince me he's guilty.  I have little doubt he did what he's accused of, same goes for Biden and Hillary and any major accusations that go for our last 5-10 presidents.

I'll say it again.  I think this whole process is a waste that doesn't get him out of power.  If anything it ends up getting him sympathy votes because the Dems tend to make themselves look foolish when they don't get their way.  I don't think this punishes him in the slightest.  I think it ends up biting the Dems in the a$$ because they won't have a viable candidate to oppose him now come November.

Why does this whole process piss me off, justifiable or not?  Because all of you endorsing it as noble and constitutional are the problem.  Year in and year out instead of pointing the finger at the government we pick sides and let them bicker and then argue about which side is right.  Just think, if the Dems were to actually get their emotions in check and find a likable candidate with real morals and real attainable goals, they could have a real shot!  Instead the focus is primarily on Trump and how to tear him down.  It was the same when Obama wa in office, the Repubs spent a lot of effort making Obama look like a tool instead of trying to find someone to oppose him.

Adults, acting like children.  Adults, treating eachother like crap.  Adults, pointing every finger they can at the other supposed adults.  None concerned with making any real changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It will be very interesting to see how the claims of Executive Privilege in regards to ignoring subpoenas get challenged before this is all over.  Trump is likely abusing this as well, however what exactly EP allows is clearly open to interpretation. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Redux said:

You guys are trying to convince me he's guilty.  I have little doubt he did what he's accused of, same goes for Biden and Hillary and any major accusations that go for our last 5-10 presidents.

I'll say it again.  I think this whole process is a waste that doesn't get him out of power.  If anything it ends up getting him sympathy votes because the Dems tend to make themselves look foolish when they don't get their way.  I don't think this punishes him in the slightest.  I think it ends up biting the Dems in the a$$ because they won't have a viable candidate to oppose him now come November.

Why does this whole process piss me off, justifiable or not?  Because all of you endorsing it as noble and constitutional are the problem.  Year in and year out instead of pointing the finger at the government we pick sides and let them bicker and then argue about which side is right.  Just think, if the Dems were to actually get their emotions in check and find a likable candidate with real morals and real attainable goals, they could have a real shot!  Instead the focus is primarily on Trump and how to tear him down.  It was the same when Obama wa in office, the Repubs spent a lot of effort making Obama look like a tool instead of trying to find someone to oppose him.

Adults, acting like children.  Adults, treating eachother like crap.  Adults, pointing every finger they can at the other supposed adults.  None concerned with making any real changes.

I think ordinarily you would have a lot of support that things are FUBAR, but this is so obvious and blatant that to ignore and write it off as you're doing means the end of this Republic. We will become Russia. I see no point in bickering about corruption when you refuse to acknowledge that something is trying to be done about it. There is a very clear wrong, and a very clear right here. To not acknowledge that is to fail to see truth.

• Plus1 5
18 minutes ago, Redux said:

You are acting like a child. Your logic is ridiculous. At what point should any President be impeached according to you? And guess what? The democratic candidates are more likeable, more moral and have more realistic goals than Donald Trump does, so I think you should stop worrying about their campaign strategy.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Redux said:

Sounds a bit like Trump's 'What about" tweet copied above.    Something is being done about corruption today in Congress and in the court room.    Trump is on the wrong side on both issues.  Let's deal with the snake we have in the hand before we go after more in the grass.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Schiff has done a fantastic job managing the process.  Been on some long drive days so I've gotten to listen to almost all of it.  He has kept evertyhing on track and held tight to parlimentary procedure.  Thank goodness - imagine how these tools would have taken this off the rails otherwise.

• Plus1 4
24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You are acting like a child. Your logic is ridiculous. At what point should any President be impeached according to you? And guess what? The democratic candidates are more likeable, more moral and have more realistic goals than Donald Trump does, so I think you should stop worrying about their campaign strategy.

And more name calling, boy I'm glad we could all be adults here today.

7 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

How exactly is defining your posts as childish name calling? Anyhow, I'd be interested to know at what point you think a president should be impeached?

You're incapable of conversation and listening to an even slightly different perspective.  I'll no longer be replying to you.  Feel free to take your victory lap.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

You're incapable of conversation and listening to an even slightly different perspective.  I'll no longer be replying to you.  Feel free to take your victory lap.

Says the person who won't answer my question about their persepective. What point should a president be impeached?

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Redux said:

Good to see somebody gets it 

• Haha 3