The First Trump Impeachment Thread

7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm arguing he can but it is bribery. A WH meeting isn't leverage over campaign donors but it is certainly leverage over a newly elected President of Ukraine and using that leverage to gain something of personal value is in fact bribery.

You must think all peace treaties are bribes.  The leaders don't get the photo-op unless they agree to a cease-fire.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You must think all peace treaties are bribes.  The leaders don't get the photo-op unless they agree to a cease-fire.

The President can't withhold funds already approved by Congress without Congressional and Senate approval. It was banned under Nixon.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Peace treaties benefit nations. That's what presidents are supposed to do - benefit a nation.

Trump's bribe was a direct benefit to himself. 

• Plus1 6
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Peace treaties are created on behalf of the US for our national security interests. Peace treaties are appropriate foriegn policy agendas. Leveraging world leaders to accomplish that end is A ok with me. This announcment of an in investigation into the Bidens does not serve our national security interest. It is not official US policy and frankly should not be handled through foreign policy to begin with. It is only done to benefit the one asking for it. That is a bribe.

You are either extremely niave, or purposely arguing a losing point. Either way I'm not sure to what end. Why are you putting the blinders on for Trump? What has he even done that warrents this kind of head in the sand defense?

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Peace treaties benefit nations. That's what presidents are supposed to do - benefit a nation.

Trump's bribe was a direct benefit to himself. 

11 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Peace treaties are created on behalf of the US for our national security interests. Peace treaties are appropriate foriegn policy agendas. Leveraging world leaders to accomplish that end is A ok with me. This announcment of an in investigation into the Bidens does not serve our national security interest. It is not official US policy and frankly should not be handled through foreign policy to begin with. It is only done to benefit the one asking for it. That is a bribe.

Investigating the quid pro quo Biden bragged about is a legitimate national interest.  I was keeping that in my pocket in case they ever did discover a QPQ.  But there was none, the money was delivered and Ukrainian investigators didn't fog a mirror. 

So your left with a leaker angry that people weren't talking about Trump looking weak.  He runs off to the Ds in Congress and we had to watch a month long whine. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Investigating the quid pro quo Biden bragged about is a legitimate national interest.  I was keeping that in my pocket in case they ever did discover a QPQ.  But there was none, the money was delivered and Ukrainian investigators didn't fog a mirror. 

So your left with a leaker angry that people weren't talking about Trump looking weak.  He runs off to the Ds in Congress and we had to watch a month long whine. 

Wow.....that’s impressive. 

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I laugh thinking about you watching “To Catch a Predator”.

NDJ: “Look, they didn’t have sex.  The girl never even opened one of the Zimas. Hell! She was actually an adult just pretending to be a kid.  No harm, no foul!”

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

No it is not and there are hours of testimony from national sercurity experts stating exactly that. It was not part of our national security and that is absolutely clear. 

Secondly, Sondland specifically said there was a QPQ for the WH meeting at the direction of the President which by the way, Zelensky is yet to receive. Thats a bribe. The fact that he released the aid only after he was briefed on the whistleblower complaint is an a$$ cover about half the size of the a$$

• Plus1 1