The First Trump Impeachment Thread

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Hell Biden was essentially exposed for doing the same thing.

This is not true. And it's one of the disappointing things you say that gets bad responses. This is propaganda, easily researched with a simple google, and you'd know this situation was not what Trump did.

Would you listen to me if I gave you the facts?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Its not really devotion.  I never followed politics until Trump was elected.  I didn't care.  But elections have real life consequences on real life people and people have literally died from Trumps policies, so I feel I need to at least be somewhat in the know about policies. 

I considered myself "non-partisan or independent" like you do before I really started looking into the issues.  For example, I had no idea that we are the only country to not guarantee healthcare.  I literally thought our healthcare system was the norm before a few years ago.  Now Im a staunch supporter of MFA.  Once you look at issue for issue, you see how screwed up a lot of it is and it is important to choose a candidate that you think will fix the issues.  You always talk about corruption, but I asked you yesterday and you never responded.  Im actually genuinely curious, why do you demean all the uncorrupted politicians if you are so against corruption?  Even if you are against some of their policies, you should respect them for not taking corporate money and being influenced.  My guess is you probably hear all the bad stuff about them from your buddies who most likely don't have all the facts either.

I mean, point to a president that didn't directly get people killed.  I get your point, I'm not deflecting, but it's part of the job for better or worse.

The healthcare was literally the only reason I slightly cared if Trunp beat Hillary other than she actually may kill people with her bare hands.  It hasn't gotten better but it could have been a lot worse I think.

I don't think there is such a thing as an uncorrupted politician.  And if there is, they'll get there.  It's the level of corruption and the dark s#!t they do that makes me investing in one feel pointless.  I mean, Bill Clinton may have taken over 20 trips to pedophile island.   Who cares about his policies if that ends up being true?  I don't like AOC because of the way she presents herself and her attitude towards others.  And the memes are hilarious.  And the guys I listen to are plenty informed, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Just now, knapplc said:

This is not true. And it's one of the disappointing things you say that gets bad responses. This is propaganda, easily researched with a simple google, and you'd know this situation was not what Trump did.

Would you listen to me if I gave you the facts?

Try me

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Well as far as better prepping, they should have rallied behind a couple of serious candidates that actually pose a threat to him.  My Repub friend is convinced it will be either Kamala or Warren because there's no shot a male gets the nomination from the Dems.  Idk if I believe that, but Biden is out and I don't really see any of the other guys standing out.

Kamala dropped out today.  Warren is dropping in the polls.

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I mean, point to a president that didn't directly get people killed.  I get your point, I'm not deflecting, but it's part of the job for better or worse.

The healthcare was literally the only reason I slightly cared if Trunp beat Hillary other than she actually may kill people with her bare hands.  It hasn't gotten better but it could have been a lot worse I think.

I don't think there is such a thing as an uncorrupted politician.  And if there is, they'll get there.  It's the level of corruption and the dark s#!t they do that makes me investing in one feel pointless.  I mean, Bill Clinton may have taken over 20 trips to pedophile island.   Who cares about his policies if that ends up being true?  I don't like AOC because of the way she presents herself and her attitude towards others.  And the memes are hilarious.  And the guys I listen to are plenty informed, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Try me

Dude, 30 million people have lost their healthcare coverage under Donald Trump.  This is why people call people out when they say stuff like you just said and you probably had no idea that was the case.

30+ people, including children have died from his evil border policies.  You know he has the power to change some of those policies, yet he doesn't because hes okay with it.

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, Redux said:

Try me

Ukraine has been seeking NATO membership since the fall of the USSR.  Several NATO allies, including the US, were open to this discussion and have been in talks with Ukraine for years.

Part of those talks centered around Ukraine's corrupt political system. The Ukrainian president's chief prosecutor, Shokin, was known by the US and NATO allies to be corrupt. We, and our allies, withheld aid to Ukraine until this man was out of government.

This is a normal part of international diplomacy.  It did not benefit Joe Biden directly.

What Trump did is completely different. Because Biden's son Hunter was on the board of an oil enterprise (Burisma) in or around the time of this all happening, Putin's Russia seized on this as a way to gain leverage over Biden, whom Putin thinks will be the Democratic nominee. 

Bear in mind, our entire intelligence community, the FBI, CIA, NSA - all of them - have said there is no wrongdoing on Biden's part in any of this. At all.

Trump withheld aid from Ukraine until the Ukrainian president announced from a podium that they were investigating Joe Biden for doing literally what Trump was doing.  It came out in the investigation. This is why you should have watched it with your own eyes instead of relying on what two friends said. 

Biden withheld aid as part of United States foreign policy. 

Trump withheld aid as part of a bribe he solicited from a foreign government to interfere in an American election, that would directly benefit Trump. 

These are two very, very different things. One is normal. The other is criminal. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ukraine has been seeking NATO membership since the fall of the USSR.  Several NATO allies, including the US, were open to this discussion and have been in talks with Ukraine for years.

Part of those talks centered around Ukraine's corrupt political system. The Ukrainian president's chief prosecutor, Shokin, was known by the US and NATO allies to be corrupt. We, and our allies, withheld aid to Ukraine until this man was out of government.

This is a normal part of international diplomacy.  It did not benefit Joe Biden directly.

What Trump did is completely different. Because Biden's son Hunter was on the board of an oil enterprise (Burisma) in or around the time of this all happening, Putin's Russia seized on this as a way to gain leverage over Biden, whom Putin thinks will be the Democratic nominee. 

Bear in mind, our entire intelligence community, the FBI, CIA, NSA - all of them - have said there is no wrongdoing on Biden's part in any of this. At all.

Trump withheld aid from Ukraine until the Ukrainian president announced from a podium that they were investigating Joe Biden for doing literally what Trump was doing.  It came out in the investigation. This is why you should have watched it with your own eyes instead of relying on what two friends said. 

Trump withheld aid as part of a bribe he solicited from a foreign government to interfere in an American election, that would directly benefit Trump. 

These are two very, very different things. One is normal. The other is criminal. 

Excellent summary. I’m going to send it to my brainwashed family members.

I have to ask though. Did you just type this up or have you been saving it. 

• Plus1 1

Here is an idea...just be respectful to each because well...because we are all people.

Who cares how much you think you know about politics...most of you nerds were totally wrong last election (along with all the projection polls and with most of the media fact geeks...myself included...I bet that HC would win 3 different times)

This is literally most of you

https://www.theonion.com/nations-uncles-enter-last-stage-of-prep-for-thursdays-t-1819574224

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Dude, 30 million people have lost their healthcare coverage under Donald Trump.  This is why people call people out when they say stuff like you just said and you probably had no idea that was the case.

30+ people, including children have died from his evil border policies.  You know he has the power to change some of those policies, yet he doesn't because hes okay with it.

Maybe if the healthcare problem were actually addressed instead of used as a campaign tool. Obama made it mandatory, fine.  But did nothing about holding the companies accountable about the insane prices.  People were opting to pay MORE taxes to not have coverage because the prices are so high.  That's insane as well.  I'm lucky enough to be in that range where it's totally unaffordable but make just barely too much money to get any sort of price break or hand out.  The parties using it as leverage, that's what's killing healthcare. 

Some of those policies were put into place by Obama, no?

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

What were the findings of the investigation into Biden?

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, ZRod said:

Did you read the Mueller report??? Because it's pretty... Not good for Trump. It's also highly redacted. Trump's defense Secretary, Personal Lawyer, Campaign Manager, and various other people including Roger Stone have been convicted of various crimes related to the investigation with more trials ongoing.

It's also alarmingly clear that Mueller was unable to thoroughly conduct his investigation because of obstruction by team Trump. Jr and Kushner were not charged with conspiracy, only because of how ticky tacky it is to prove monetary gain about receiving campaign info illegally. Mueller also played by the rules and did not charge the sitting president, but left it to Barr who is equally as corrupt as Trump at this point, and Barr flat out lied to the public about the conclusions of the report.

Wake up!!!

And not only did it confirm that Trump was not colluding with the Russians but that they knew it before he was appointed special counsel. Meanwhile we know Hilary hired Russians to BS about Trump.  But that's history.

Now we know that Joe Biden had a quid pro quo with Ukraine.  At best your hoping that Trump kinda sorta tried to do one. 

You couldn't confirm Trump's campaign narrative better than what you're doing. 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And not only did it confirm that Trump was not colluding with the Russians but that they knew it before he was appointed special counsel. Meanwhile we know Hilary hired Russians to BS about Trump.  But that's history.

Now we know that Joe Biden had a quid pro quo with Ukraine.  At best your hoping that Trump kinda sorta tried to do one. 

The Mueller report in no way Confirmed Trump didn’t collude with Russia. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Get your anti-factual crap out of here.

• Plus1 3