The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Am I the only one that wants to puke every time a politician tries to discredit a witness because they go back and find out they donated to a certain politician in the past that's in the other party?

....YOUR on the committee and are supposed to be looking at all of the evidence impartially to make a decision based on what's better for the country.  YOUR a  member of a party, have ran in that party and have pledged your undying devotion to the party......and you're questioning the impartiality of someone who GOD FORBID donated to a candidate in the other party?  So, are they proclaiming that no way can THEY be impartial themselves?

What a joke.

You’re not alone. I remember how bewildered I was when I heard Devin Nunes’ opening statement when the impeachment inquiry began and  he basically dismissed it as farce and baseless, blah, blah. I couldn’t believe it. I thought this was an investigative inquiry. 

I guess I was being naive thinking that approaching something of this historical magnitude would call for being open minded ( or at least making it seam so).

When all the evidence has been presented and all the witnesses have testified, then you can give whatever assessment you want. Oh silly me. Apparently being professional and respectful is too much to ask of these clowns. 

We all now know why Nunes was behaving like he had something to hide. Well, turns out, he did.

Nunes not recusing himself when he’s supposedly neck deep in the Ukrainian scandal is grounds for his impeachment from congress. IMO. 

• Plus1 2

Two Articles of Impeachment being filed: Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-house-democrats-unveil-two-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump/ar-BBY0DbE?li=BBnb7Kz

BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and six committee chairmen announced the articles on abuse of power and obstruction of Congress at a news conference.

The Judiciary Committee will vote on the articles — the equivalent of a formal charge — on Thursday and the full House is expected to vote next week.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Lol they were planning on doing obstruction of justice also but democrats will democrat.  Like going into war with just the army.  Leaving the navy and air force at home.  When you have a president who has his party wrapped around his finger, you need to hit them with everything you got.  Senate will not convict.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Lol they were planning on doing obstruction of justice also but democrats will democrat.  Like going into war with just the army.  Leaving the navy and air force at home.  When you have a president who has his party wrapped around his finger, you need to hit them with everything you got.  Senate will not convict.

Not sure what would have changed this outcome, but you are right about the rest. Dems dropped the ball, should have made the articles of impeachment more broad and sweeping. The evidence supports it. Obstruction of justice with Mueller and emoluments should also have been added.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, QMany said:

As a former Deputy District Attorney, Rep. Swalwell is in his element here.

I'm not usually a fan of 5-minute non-staff counsel questioning, but this was phenomenal. 

I've watched that clip three times already. It's really quite therapeutic. I need to put it on continuous loop and post it to all my social media sites. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wouldn't that fall under the Obstruction of Congress?

Gates would have been dealing with the special council which is DOJ. That would be Justice not Congress from my understanding. The difference is slight but it exists

Separately 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/donald-trump-mitch-mcconnell-senate-trial-impeachment/index.html

I'm baffled why they didn't pursue Obstruction of Justice related to the Muller report. If they tack it on later, or begin hearings it will look like desperation. They screwed up by not moving on other after Muller testified. I understand they don't want to play the long game with the election next year, but these are all major issues.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

I'm baffled why they didn't pursue Obstruction of Justice related to the Muller report. If they tack it on later, or begin hearings it will look like desperation. They screwed up by not moving on other after Muller testified. I understand they don't want to play the long game with the election next year, but these are all major issues.

I tend to agree. But to play Devil's Advocate a little, Trump commits impeachable offenses at an alarming rate. Trump's Ukraine call was one day after Mueller testified. While the Mueller reported on Trump's offenses related to the past election, his interference with the upcoming election is more pressing.

• Plus1 2