The First Trump Impeachment Thread

Just now, Moiraine said:

He’s trying to not go to jail.

But why is that your reply to this tweet and link?

Because last night Parnas was saying that Hyde was a drunk and the texts between him and Hyde were not to be taken seriously. Ukraine seems to think they should be taken at least add somewhat seriously. I think he may have been lying in that part of the interview.

17 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Because last night Parnas was saying that Hyde was a drunk and the texts between him and Hyde were not to be taken seriously. Ukraine seems to think they should be taken at least add somewhat seriously. I think he may have been lying in that part of the interview.

Thanks. I didn’t watch it. He’s gonna say anything he can to get in as little trouble as possible. I’m guessing is true though. 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:
It must really suck to be a Republican in the Senate right now and know the guy you are being pressured to defend is an incompetent, narcissistic, guilty a$$.

It is indefensible, which is why Ben Sasse and his ilk have gone into complete hiding.

• Plus1 3
Just now, QMany said:

It is indefensible, which is why Ben Sasse and his ilk have gone into complete hiding.

The sad thing is, that will work. Red state constituents don't want to believe a Republican could be guilty of things like Trump's accused of, so they'll just stick their head in the sand, Congressional Republicans will lay low, someone will pop off a few #FakeNews! soundbites from time to time, and in a while they'll all unturtle and act like nothing happened. And curse the damned libruhls some.

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

So you think the President regularly keeps tabs on high profile peoples whereabouts making sure that information is in the hands of Russian gangsters who are discussing having people help them for a price? Have you read the texts? You think that is normal everyday stuff? 

Just from crazy things I have read/watched about Russian mob activity is that they don't need help from anyone getting information about anyone at all.  I guess they are sort of..."in the know"

Now, I did not read the texts nor do I care to read them but the Russian Mob is supposed to be pretty freaking insane.  They probably got info and were like "Yeah, we already know that" . Ha

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just from crazy things I have read/watched about Russian mob activity is that they don't need help from anyone getting information about anyone at all.  I guess they are sort of..."in the know"

Now, I did not read the texts nor do I care to read them but the Russian Mob is supposed to be pretty freaking insane.  They probably got info and were like "Yeah, we already know that" . Ha

they were working with rudy guliani...the personal representative of donald j trump.

29 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Thanks. I didn’t watch it. He’s gonna say anything he can to get in as little trouble as possible. I’m guessing is true though. 

here is a good thread that kind of blows apart Levs "he was a wanna be that I was just entertaining" defense. It would be interesting to hear from Hyde under oath

the main point here is Parnas wasn't just talking to Hyde this way about Yovanovitch. He also made references to getting rid of her to Lutsenko