The First Trump Impeachment Thread

Maybe the Mooch is correct.  I hope this house of cards falls quickly.  At this point  I think Trump, Pence, SOS, Attorney General all need to be tried as co-conspirators.  Surely Pence knew what was going on and did nothing.  We know Pompeo did - and Barr is trump's protector.

giphy.gif

source.gif

• Plus1 1

A HUGE question that needs to come out of this procedure, no matter the outcome in the Senate, is why are these elected officials avoiding the press?

Think what you will about the press, but they are a necessary part of a healthy democracy. Without reporters asking questions, politicians are free to do whatever they want. And all you people worried about draining the swamp better think long and hard about what no press oversight means to that swamp.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

here is a good thread that kind of blows apart Levs "he was a wanna be that I was just entertaining" defense. It would be interesting to hear from Hyde under oath

the main point here is Parnas wasn't just talking to Hyde this way about Yovanovitch. He also made references to getting rid of her to Lutsenko 

Holy sh*t! When I first read the reports of Parnas, Hyde, and Co., I thought it was all pretty creepy, but nothing too nefarious. After reading this, I'm 99% sure they were planning to off Yovanovitch.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

here is a good thread that kind of blows apart Levs "he was a wanna be that I was just entertaining" defense. It would be interesting to hear from Hyde under oath

the main point here is Parnas wasn't just talking to Hyde this way about Yovanovitch. He also made references to getting rid of her to Lutsenko 

4 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Holy sh*t! When I first read the reports of Parnas, Hyde, and Co., I thought it was all pretty creepy, but probably not too nefarious. After reading this, I'm 99% sure they were planning to off Yovanovitch.

Here's the whole thread, courtesy of the Thread Reader.

Thread: The Plot to Assassinate Marie Yovanovitch

Marie Yovanovitch was a renowned corruption fighter in Ukraine. She was tough and couldn’t be muzzled. And she stood in the way of Trump’s plan to dig up dirt on Biden.

Trump easily could have removed Yovanovitch by firing her. But that wouldn’t stop her from talking about what Trump was up to, or about corruption in Ukraine. Trump and Lutsenko knew Yovanovitch would blow the whistle. She couldn’t just be fired. She had to be “taken out.”

On March 25, 2019, Robert Hyde texted Lev Parnas and informed him that Marie Yovanovitch was “under heavy protection outside Kiev” followed by an image of what appears to be a map showing Yovanovitch’s location.
The problem appears to have been that Yovanovitch was in or around the embassy and Hyde’s hitmen couldn’t get to her. Hyde asks Parnas:

“What should I do with this?”

A few hours later, Hyde texted Parnas again saying “They are moving her tomorrow. The guys over they [sic] asked me what I would like to do and what’s in it for them.”

Note that Hyde says the “guys” are “over there.” Hyde wasn’t in Ukraine. He was referring to his hitmen.
An hour and a half later, Hyde texts Parnas to inform him Yovanovich “has talked to three people. Her phone is off. Computer is off.”

This makes clear Hyde was tracking Yovanovitch using both her phone and computer. He could tell not only her location, but also her phone use.
Hyde then says “She’s next to the embassy. Not in the embassy. Private security. Been there since Thursday.”

Again, Hyde is telling Parnas that the hitmen can’t get to her because she’s too close to the embassy.

Parnas replies: “Interesting.”
Hyde then texts that “They know she’s a political puppet. They will let me know when she’s on the move. And they’ll let me know [where] she’s on the move.”

(Hyde says “when” twice but then clarifies that the second time he meant to say “where.”)

Parnas replies: “Perfect”
Hyde then tells Parnas that “the address I sent you checks out. It’s next to the embassy.”

This is further confirmation that the image that appears to be a map is in fact a map. There was no other prior text in the exchange conveying an address
Next, Hyde appears to indicate that the people tracking Yovanovich are willing to kill her if the price is right:

“They are willing to help if we/you would like a price. Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money...what I was told.”

Parnas replied: “Lol”
At the same time Parnas is texting with Hyde, he’s also texting with Ukrainian Prosecutor General Lutsenko, who makes clear to Parnas that they need to get rid of Yovanovitch in order for Lutsenko to produce the dirt on “B”. (Presumably meaning Biden or Burisma.)
Lutsenko has his own reasons for wanting to get rid of Yovanovitch because Yovanovitch was exposing Lutsenko’s corruption around this same time period. Giving public speeches about Lutsenko being a bad dude.
March 26, Lutsenko texts Parnas and tells him he’s getting the dirt on “B” but says Parnas needs to “make a decision about Madam” and complains that Parnas “can’t get rid of one female fool.”

Parnas responds: “She’s not a simple fool, trust me. But she’s not getting away.”
Parnas assures Lutsenko that he won’t let Yovanovitch expose Lutsenko: “America supports you and will not let you be harmed no matter how things look now.”

Lutsenko wanted Yovanovitch whacked and Lev planned to deliver.

Later the same day, the plan fell apart.
Hyde: “Update she will not be moved special security unit upgraded force on the compound people are already aware of the situation my contacts are asking what is the next step because they cannot keep going to check people will start to ask questions.”
This indicates that the hitmen were getting nervous. It was starting to get obvious that they were tracking her and their cover was close to being blown. The murder plan was falling apart.
Hyde then informs Parnas the only way to get at Yovanovich is to make contact with the security forces guarding her.

The next day, Hyde tells Parnas “nothing has changed she is still not moving.” Hyde confirms that his information is solid because “we have a person inside.”
Parnas then says he’ll call Hyde as soon as he gets out of the studio. Apparently Parnas was with Giuliani at an appearance on Fox News.
The next day, Hyde tell Parnas “nothing has changed she is still not moving they check again today.”

Another day passes with Yovanovitch under security and the hitmen unable to get at her.

Two days later, March 29, there’s no change. Hyde asks “do we stand down???”
Later on March 29, Hyde sends Parnas what appears to be another map showing Yovanovitch’s location. Apparently she still had not moved and she remained under tight security.

This ended the communications. It seems at this point the hit had been called off.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Holy sh*t! When I first read the reports of Parnas, Hyde, and Co., I thought it was all pretty creepy, but probably not too nefarious. After reading this, I'm 99% sure they were planning to off Yovanovitch.

It's amazing.

Remind me again, who called Yovanovich and told her she needs to get out of the country immediately?