The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Another interesting thread about Parnas...

I like Uncle, and follow him but I am not sure why they think this is something ... I mean if he was arrested wouldnt that speed up his "cooperation" in order to help himself out?  If he had gotten away he at least would have had a chance at not being extredited and would have never cracked.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I like Uncle, and follow him but I am not sure why they think this is something ... I mean if he was arrested wouldnt that speed up his "cooperation" in order to help himself out?  If he had gotten away he at least would have had a chance at not being extredited and would have never cracked.

That's a good point. I had the same thought myself. But after reading the thread again, this sentence stood out to me... 

Pretty convenient at that point that Trump controlled Parnas’s legal counsel, John Dowd, who visited his new client in the slammer and told him to keep his mouth shut and refuse to cooperate with anything related to the matters for which Trump was being impeached.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I could not see him being on that team.  Dude still lectures at Harvard, right?  The most (fake) liberal school in America.  There was no chance of this.

Semantics.  He''s being retained for a specific purpose only, just like Ken Starr, but  unlike Sekulow who is the White House's full time lawyer.  But the one thing in common is that people who get hired to advise Trump had to prove themselves on Fox News for a while before they landed the gig. 

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

His whole argument hinges on the SDNY being compromised/corrupt. He lost me there, that's pretty far fetched.