The First Trump Impeachment Thread

23 minutes ago, commando said:

i would think the FBI should open a branch office in the trump tower.  would make their commute to work much easier.

One family business deserves another .

Dr. Debra Robinson said during the school board meeting that she supported the viability of Mavericks’ plan, but objected on the grounds that the school board changed its process to permit Mavericks to resubmit its application and make their case before the board. She complained that in doing so, the board was accommodating the “big dogs that lobby for them.”

The remainder of the seven-member board voted to give Mavericks its support – overruling a staff recommendation to deny it. After Biden spoke, one board member said that Biden’s remarks had “touched my heart.”

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think you haven't been paying attention. There will be no repercussions to any of this except what we might be able to do as voters.

I refuse to believe that until it actually happens. Eventually everyone involved with this will be held accountable I think. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think you haven't been paying attention. There will be no repercussions to any of this except what we might be able to do as voters.

Ultimately the voters will be what matters, but Devin will likely soon be facing his second ethics investigation.  Probably when the Senate trial is over.  I can't imagine him being acquitted this time around.  I would imagine he will loose his seat as Ranking Member in the Intel Committee--I don't know how he couldn't, but I don't know what else the House can do to him to hold him accountable.  This alone, however, should be enough to assure he won't get re-elected to the House when his time comes--unless of course, his district in CA is full of moronic Trump loving idiots.  

You have to love his fellow California Congressman's response to his latest threat of a lawsuit.  I'm glad someone is standing up to this clown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/politics/ted-lieu-devin-nunes-lev-parnas-ukraine/index.html

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Ultimately the voters will be what matters, but Devin will likely soon be facing his second ethics investigation.  Probably when the Senate trial is over.  I can't imagine him being acquitted this time around.  I would imagine he will loose his seat as Ranking Member in the Intel Committee--I don't know how he couldn't, but I don't know what else the House can do to him to hold him accountable.  This alone, however, should be enough to assure he won't get re-elected to the House when his time comes--unless of course, his district in CA is full of moronic Trump loving idiots.  

You have to love his fellow California Congressman's response to his latest threat of a lawsuit.  I'm glad someone is standing up to this clown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/18/politics/ted-lieu-devin-nunes-lev-parnas-ukraine/index.html

I hope it's right I just am not hopeful at all for any of these people facing justice. And so in the meantime I will assume it won't happen.

And the voters won't necessarily matter if our elections are compromised. Hopefully we get the right people in place to fight that before it gets too bad.

Because I'm a middle aged family man with a minimal social life, on a Saturday night I Just read the House Impeachment Brief for the Senate.  

I have recently been getting fatigued with all of this "drama" from Washington regarding the impeachment mainly because I've been paying attention to it much more that I probably should have over the past several months.  I even, regrettably, snapped at a dear family member the other day who chose to criticize Pelosi over holding onto the articles.  I apologized and swore to myself to keep more of an open mind about other's political beliefs.  After all, I'm more of a Centrist than a D or an R.

That being said, after reading this tonight, I don't see how any non-Fox News/Rush brainwashed person could possibly conclude that Donald Trump should not be removed from office.

This Brief absolutely destroys every single defense Trump and his defenders in congress have alleged while this process has unfolded.  The case made for impeachment and removal could not have been made any better, IMO.

I would sure hate to be a GOP Senator at the moment.  Especially, one due for re-election.  Talk about a no-win situation Trump has put them in....

The next couple of weeks will be of monumental historical significance to say the least.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Because I'm a middle aged family man with a minimal social life, on a Saturday night I Just read the House Impeachment Brief for the Senate.  

I have recently been getting fatigued with all of this "drama" from Washington regarding the impeachment mainly because I've been paying attention to it much more that I probably should have over the past several months.  I even, regrettably, snapped at a dear family member the other day who chose to criticize Pelosi over holding onto the articles.  I apologized and swore to myself to keep more of an open mind about other's political beliefs.  After all, I'm more of a Centrist than a D or an R.

That being said, after reading this tonight, I don't see how any non-Fox News/Rush brainwashed person could possibly conclude that Donald Trump should not be removed from office.

This Brief absolutely destroys every single defense Trump and his defenders in congress have alleged while this process has unfolded.  The case made for impeachment and removal could not have been made any better, IMO.

I would sure hate to be a GOP Senator at the moment.  Especially, one due for re-election.  Talk about a no-win situation Trump has put them in....

The next couple of weeks will be of monumental historical significance to say the least.

I wish more of the folks in the US would take time to read themm Decoy - maybe they will have a "reading" by actors like they did the last (was it the Mueller Report?)

• Plus1 2