The First Trump Impeachment Thread

29 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That seems to work...

As a teacher/coach I’ve had many conversations about “hey, I appreciate your efforts. But this class/position isn’t a good place for you to showcase your skills and be successful”

If a 12-18 year old can be told that, why not an adult?

I appreciate his persistence, but this thread isn’t doing him/her any favors.  It’s just sad.

Dang, I have said that one a few times too!

53 minutes ago, funhusker said:

At what point can we call a poster "stupid" without it being a personal attack, but rather an accepted truth???

30 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

That's never going to be an option. Talk about their behaviors instead of your interpretation of their behaviors. 

It isn't acceptable, and I knew that and I still called someone an "idiot" here in P&R - and I got a warning for it.

If you can't control your tongue, go call them "stupid" in the thread in the Shed. That's what it's for.

I heard an interesting take ont he radio, so unclear who said it or where I could go to find it.  But essentially it said, the Boomer GOP is dying, the youth gaining their voting rights in the next 10 years is old enough to see what's going on, they're watching people lie and be rewarded, people telling them that there are more important things than the environment and gun control, equal rights etc - they will never choose to be a Republican, they will not register, they will not vote for the GOP - the longevity of what's happening now will result in an entire generation that will refuse to support the GOP an their goals and it will die off as well.   So the short term is our democracy getting blown apart and the next generations will have to rebuild it.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
22 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I heard an interesting take ont he radio, so unclear who said it or where I could go to find it.  But essentially it said, the Boomer GOP is dying, the youth gaining their voting rights in the next 10 years is old enough to see what's going on, they're watching people lie and be rewarded, people telling them that there are more important things than the environment and gun control, equal rights etc - they will never choose to be a Republican, they will not register, they will not vote for the GOP - the longevity of what's happening now will result in an entire generation that will refuse to support the GOP an their goals and it will die off as well.   So the short term is our democracy getting blown apart and the next generations will have to rebuild it.

I don't know....

Listening to the kids in my school, which is in the "liberal" part of Nebraska, doesn't make me believe that current Trump Republicanism is going to go away.  Now, I think the gap is closing.  Which means in 10 years the dems might lose "statewide" elections 60/40 instead of 75/25...(please know my numbers aren't based in reality, just the fact that the problem isn't going to go away with the next generation)

And then there is this...

https://seeingrednebraska.com/published/nebraskas-community-leaders-need-to-stop-dicking-around/

• Plus1 1

That recording could actually be really big. Apparently it came from Fruman which could imply he is also willing to cooperate. Obviously Republicans are oblivious to the evidence but it may be hard to bear corroborating evidence from Fruman as well. Who knows what he has on his phone if he was recording meetings in 2018.

25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Here's what I don't get.

If Trump wants her replaced....it's his prerogative.  But...if he just wants her replaced, why would Parnas and others be involved and start tracking her every move?  Why would it become clear to the state department that she is in danger and she needs to be flown out of the country immediately?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I don't know....

Listening to the kids in my school, which is in the "liberal" part of Nebraska, doesn't make me believe that current Trump Republicanism is going to go away.  Now, I think the gap is closing.  Which means in 10 years the dems might lose "statewide" elections 60/40 instead of 75/25...(please know my numbers aren't based in reality, just the fact that the problem isn't going to go away with the next generation)

And then there is this...

https://seeingrednebraska.com/published/nebraskas-community-leaders-need-to-stop-dicking-around/

Yep...same here.  

I am guessing that most of you are not around "teens" that will be voting in 10 years...Funhusker is and I am...It doesn't sound or seem any different from when I was in HS.

You have a group of kids that don't care, a group that follow what their parents do/say, a group that are going to "save the world" in one way and a group that will "save the world" in another way.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's what I don't get.

If Trump wants her replaced....it's his prerogative.  But...if he just wants her replaced, why would Parnas and others be involved and start tracking her every move?  Why would it become clear to the state department that she is in danger and she needs to be flown out of the country immediately?

I'm not sure if him telling Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman

""Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."" 

is referring to replacing her professionally. I think ABC just wants to be careful. But those words seem to insinuate more than firing.