The First Trump Impeachment Thread

13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Good for Mitt. Perhaps he is becoming the Conscience of the Senate like John McCain was.

Man I miss McCain. Remember when that lady was beside herself that Obama was an ARAB, and McCain took the mic and said, ‘no mam, he’s a decent man we just, disagree on policies’. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Man I miss McCain. Remember when that lady was beside herself that Obama was an ARAB, and McCain took the mic and said, ‘no mam, he’s a decent man we just, disagree on policies’. 

This is always the go-to moment I point to when I explain that I could've happily voted for McCain but will never cast a vote for Trump.

It illustrates the fundamental human decency and patriotism of McCain which Trump will never have.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Good for Mitt. Perhaps he is becoming the Conscience of the Senate like John McCain was.

Per Knapp's post on the other thread, Romney voted to allow the investigation of Hunter Biden to continue in the committee.  

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Russia Hoax hoax.  

The Justice Department under Attorney General William Barr improperly withheld portions of an internal memo Barr cited in announcing that then-President Donald Trump had not obstructed justice in the Russia investigation, a federal appeals panel said Friday.

At issue in the case is a March 24, 2019, memorandum from the head of the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel and another senior department official that was prepared for Barr to evaluate whether evidence in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation could support prosecution of the president for obstruction of justice.

Barr has said he looked to that opinion in concluding that Trump did not illegally obstruct the Russia probe, which was an investigation of whether his campaign had colluded with Russia to tip the 2016 election.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2