The First Trump Impeachment Thread

I think Pence is evil & corrupt in the same way that Hillary is evil & corrupt. And while I don't want evil & corruption in my government, I'll take the evil & corruption that I know rather than the evil & corruption I don't understand.

I... think I agree. Although I don't think Clinton is nearly as bad as she's made out to be. I don't like her but I'm guessing she's "average" when compared to Senate members.

Anyhow, the evil and corrupt I don't understand is more likely to launch a nuke.

First, I want to say: I highly doubt Trump will be impeached. The left tried several times to impeach Bush II. The right tried several time to impeach Obama. Bill Clinton would have been impeached if not for the Senate.

As much as I hate Trump, impeaching him, and putting Mike Pence into the Presidency scares the hell out of me even more. Someone like Mike Pence would try and turn America into a christian theocracy, where their version of sharia law, would become the law. Mike Pence is a religious extremist and having him as VP is bad enough.

First, I want to say: I highly doubt Trump will be impeached. The left tried several times to impeach Bush II. The right tried several time to impeach Obama. Bill Clinton would have been impeached if not for the Senate.

As much as I hate Trump, impeaching him, and putting Mike Pence into the Presidency scares the hell out of me even more. Someone like Mike Pence would try and turn America into a christian theocracy, where their version of sharia law, would become the law. Mike Pence is a religious extremist and having him as VP is bad enough.

I'd believe you, but Bush II nor Obama did not have these types of allegations (colluding with a foreign power).

I'd believe you, but Bush II nor Obama did not have these types of allegations (colluding with a foreign power).

The bolded...I know and agree. I was just saying that attempts to impeach, by bringing various other charges, were brought up in the House of Representatives, but failed to get enough votes to proceed or amount to anything.

The bolded...I know and agree. I was just saying that attempts to impeach, by bringing various other charges, were brought up in the House of Representatives, but failed to get enough votes to proceed or amount to anything.

Oh Ok, I was more focusing on the charges and allegations for both Bush II and Obama pale in comparison to whats happening now.

I have several close friends whose life Pence would change drastically if he were able. His attack on their lives is unwarranted, as nothing they do affects him.

Pence promotes an anti-gay agenda and advocates conversion therapy.

Pence signed a bill allowing businesses to discriminate against gay customers.

Pence attempted to pass a bill banning same-sex marriage.

Pence is virulently anti-abortion, even in cases of incest & rape.

Pence attempted to control Indiana's newspapers through state-run media filtering.

Pence signed the Religious Freedom and Restoration Act surrounded by priests and nuns.

Pence's Republican-centric policy of slashing taxes has, like Kansas and Louisiana before him, not led to a great economic outcome.

It's easy to see Clinton as evil because of her foundation. But Trump has similarly filtered money through a foundation, and bribed an Attorney General, and Pence still agreed to be on the ticket. If it's evil for Hillary it's evil for Trump, and Pence clearly endorses Trump.

Why did Pence leave Indiana? Clearly the obvious answer is he wanted to be Vice President. Or...

Maybe because, despite his incumbency, he was in a virtual dead-heat in his reelection campaign with a Democrat in a Republican state.

Maybe it's because his popularity numbers were oddly low after representing Indiana in the House and then as Governor.

Or maybe it's because Trump offered Pence the same deal he offered Kasich. Granted, that's speculation about Pence, but smoke often means fire.

I mean... sure, people can agree to disagree. But Clinton has been convicted of exactly as much corruption as Pence. She's even been investigated more.

I'm willing to call her evil, though. Fair is fair.

EDIT

PS: The company he keeps.

bW76rh3.jpg

Thanks Knapp. I won't go through the process of addressing each concern you have - most have been discussed on other threads in full and that would derail this thread. I do agree - looking at that picture I see several people I wish he wasn't associated with( Including the one behind the desk). I wished he had jumped off the ticket when the video/audio came out on Trump's lewd speech before the debate - he appeared to be very close to doing so. My thought was at the time that if Pence dropped out the ticket was doomed and maybe the repubs could have pulled the nomination and gotten a better candidate (Kasich/Rubio ticket). When that didn't happen, I think he stayed in out of loyalty to the party and perhaps the party seeing the day if Trump won when Trump might go down in flames and Pence would be there to pick up the pieces - which may still happen. Actually, I don't think the party leaders thought Trump would win I don't think Pence did either - everyone was surprised. Loyalty at that point was resume building for something down the road -- until the surprise of election night and everything changed. This of course is pure speculation on my part.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/US-Trump-Flynn/2017/02/15/id/773725/

Ok - Trump knew that Flynn lied to Pence weeks prior to Pence finding out. A couple of observations from the article:

Where is the trust between Trump and Pence at this point? The 'real inner circle' appears not to include Pence as he was kept in the dark. As big of an issue as the Flynn thing might be, this reveals something that might end up bigger in my opinion - divisions within the administration. These divisions could end up undercutting any effectiveness the admin may have in the area of policy introduction and implementation. If there is a true kitchen cabinet and Pence is on the outside, I think you will see less and less support from Congressional Repubs who see Pence as one of them.

Last Quote below: Trump lashes out again and then blames it back on the losing Hillary campaign. Good grief!! :facepalm: Take responsibility and man up. You made a mistake, a error of judgment - own it and correct it and stop blaming others.

I didn't think I'd say it this soon but I suspected it might occur based on the campaign: "I long for the days when we had a grownup in the white house." BO, GWB,GHWB, RR, JC, G Ford, were all grownups in comparison to Trump (can't say Clinton was and we all know why). Whether you agreed with their policies or not, you knew they would act like adults and have the best interest of the country in mind.

quotes:

Pence spokesman Marc Lotter said Pence became aware that he had received "incomplete information" from Flynn only after the first Washington Post report Thursday night. Pence learned about the Justice Department warnings to the White House around the same time.

Pence, who had vouched for Flynn in a televised interview, is said to have been angry and deeply frustrated.

And Trump lashed out at the news media Wednesday morning, sending out a tweet berating some news organizations for focusing on "This Russian connection non-sense." In a post on his verified Twitter account, Trump said, "The fake news media is going crazy with their conspiracy theories and blind hatred." He added that the news reporting was "merely an attempt to cover-up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign."

It looks like Pence is being set up with plausible deniability so he can take the reins when Trump is ousted.

Very well could be. I don't know why I think this but I have since Pence was selected as VP and stayed on the ticket at a critical time, but I think the establishment repubs (esp those in Congress) have it in for Trump and they want one of their own available -(Kasich and Pence were both Congressmen) to move into the top spot as soon as the establishment finds a way to rid itself of Trump. I think the establishment repubs were ready to accept and preferred Hillary and were prepared to 'punt' until 2020. So now they are on plan C - behind the scenes I believe they are working wt the press and perhaps the Dems to coordinate Trump's removal. This is all gut feeling and maybe conspiratory :madash - not based on the factual evidence you always demand Knapp, however, some time the gut feeling comes from experience and observation. If you think I'm way off base - tell me so and I'll take a chill pill. Trump is his own worse enemy, he has created mistrust and a kitchen cabinet that fosters the mistrust. The administration goes from more crisis points in 3 weeks than the previous admin did in several months.

Knapp, you know I'm not anti-republican, but the repubs will end up in a deep hole during the midterms and in 2020 if they don't get this fixed soon. Their nomination process created a 'mistake' and it was a complete surprise that the mistake found itself into the WH - only because the Dems made a bigger mistake (unless one pins it on the FBI director and Russian hacking)

This article confirms my belief that there is lack of trust within the admin.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Flynn-Case-Dysfunction-Dishonesty/2017/02/15/id/773726/

It looks like Pence is being set up with plausible deniability so he can take the reins when Trump is ousted.

Maybe. But even if Pence is implicated as well, the Presidency would go to Paul Ryan, so the GOP doesn't need Pence.

True and I like Ryan and he may be more suitable long term to the majority of the electorate than Pence would be. But the damage to get there could be on the scale of Watergate all over.

Speaking of WG:

Since Dan Rather had some integrity problems of his own, I'll post this with a grain of salt:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Dan-Rather-Watergate-scandal-Russia/2017/02/15/id/773695/