The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

They should all be arrested. 

That's what I said. But apparently that's what they wanted.

They're no longer concerned with right and wrong. They're concerned with generating a self-serving narrative, then generating optics & outrage to promote that narrative.

• Plus1 4
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's what I said. But apparently that's what they wanted.

They're no longer concerned with right and wrong. They're concerned with generating a self-serving narrative, then generating optics & outrage to promote that narrative.

Frog marching them out of the building would not be necessary. I think they should all quietly be charged and served with a court summons ASAP. They will not be able to argue their rights being violated or lack of due process. Then they either ignore the summons and are charged with additional offenses, or they report as the devotees of law and order as they once purported to be, and are tied up in court for many months while their crimes are processed through the system.

It can be an educational opportunity for these a$$ clowns to actually learn how these procedures work.

• Plus1 4

So, we already know from yesterday that Matt Gaetz is a grade-A douche, but his wiki page (assuming it is accurate and not filled with fake news from the Deep State) confirms his douchiness and jackassery.

- He went to law school at William & Mary (transcripts?) and served on the Criminal Justice committe as a Florida legislator, but clearly does not know a damn thing about due process or legal procdures.

- He's the guy who invited the Holocaust denier to the State of the Union address in 2018.

- In 2008 he was arrested for DUI. He refused to take a breathalyzer. The state attorney did not hold him accountable. Between 1999 and 2014, Gaetz had 14 speeding tickets. 

- Gaetz also tried to tamper with and intimidate Michael Cohen before his testimony, by tweeting that Cohen's wife would have an affair while he was in jail. He also crashed Cohen's hearing despite not being on that oversight committee either.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

hmmmmm.....I wonder how many of those Fox watchers will take this to heart. 

I wonder how soon will Trump tweet that F&F let him down by having the Judge on the show.   Nap sets the record straight - trump will send out a tweet saying he knows more about these things than the Judge.   

I hope those GOP members face legal consequences. 

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It is crazy to me that allegedly smart people are proffering a "too stupid to know" defense for Trump's crimes.

Notably, it's no longer an "if he did this" scenario for his defenders. It's "Yeah he did it, but here's why we should let him off the hook."

Isn't Cohen supposed to be in jail?

• Plus1 1

Actually I think trump is on the top of the scum list. 

Never have I seen a president talk like this.  Nixon didn't and he wasn't kind to his opponents. 

2nd tweet below - A voice from the past, a great president, TREX answers the low life in the WH now. 

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-calls-republicans-who-oppose-him-human-scum-more-dangerous-for-our-country-than-democrats/

President Donald Trump lashed out at “Never Trumper” Republicans on Wednesday amidst a metastasizing impeachment inquiry, calling them “human scum” and “more dangerous” to America than Democrats.

“The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats,” Trump said. “Watch out for them, they are human scum!”

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Again, it's not so much that Donald Trump has the instincts of a mafia don, it's that he's a loud and inept mafia don. If he actually worked in organized crime, the real mafia would have dumped him in the East River by 1986. 

yes and he thinks he is powerful like Xi, Kim, Putin,  Erdoğan - all of his favorite dictators  

We are living in two parallel universes.  Trump camp in one and the rest of us in another. 

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Expecting-a-sea-change-on-impeachment-Here-s-14557399.php

WASHINGTON - With every new revelation in the House impeachment inquiry, some Democrats believe Republicans have finally reached a breaking point and will somehow abandon President Donald Trump.

"This is a sea change," Rep. Stephen Lynch, D-Mass., told reporters after Tuesday's explosive deposition of William Taylor Jr., the acting ambassador to Ukraine.

By Wednesday morning, the seas had indeed changed. Rather than abandoning Trump, several dozen House Republicans who are not members of the committees leading the inquiry marched into a secure briefing room and effectively shuttered the investigation for several hours.

What's driving this seemingly parallel-universe behavior? Probably the fact that, in many ways, their voters are living in parallel universes when it comes to what they expect of their politicians when it comes to civility and compromise.