The First Trump Impeachment Thread

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At first, I didn't want the vote to be secret because I wanted to know who voted to support this pathetic President with all the evidence.  But, the more I think about it, I think that's the only way these idiots will have the guts to vote to remove him.  They don't want their constituents to know they voted to remove dear leader.

But....wouldn't it be funny if it was unanimous so....well....we would know that everyone voted to remove him.?

That would be hilarious actually! 

The more I think about it the more likely a secret vote seems though. A public vote hurts republicans either way. 

2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Hopefully the Dems get their stuff together and nominate someone who’s electable. 

What does the litmus test of "electable" even look like when running against literally the worst person to ever hold the office?

That baffles me. Trump is a traitor to this country. I would vote for a baboon if it ran against him.

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What does the litmus test of "electable" even look like when running against literally the worst person to ever hold the office?

That baffles me. Trump is a traitor to this country. I would vote for a baboon if it ran against him.

It baffles me too.  I would guess morals, selflessness and open mindedness are seriously lacking in many “Red” states.  

They don’t care what Trump does as long as he’s not a Democrat who’s going to raise their taxes, take away their guns, invite those immigrants to come take their jobs and blah, blah, blah....they’re basically clueless on all that B.S. because they only watch Fox News and listen to Limbaugh, etc. 

I’m really close to a few of those Trump backers and it makes me sad, actually. 

For Trump to get defeated, I truly believe its it’s going to take a lot of those people to get their proverbial heads out of their a$$es and do what’s right in 2020.

A Democrat nominee who’s too polarizing won’t help matters IMO. 

• Plus1 1

Just when you thought Gym Jordan was the dumbest member of Congress, Steve King speeds ahead and captures the checkered flag.

(FYI: The person pictured is George Soros' son, Alex Soros, not the alleged CIA whistleblower. King has since deleted the tweet, but I was able to find a screenshot.)

EDIT: King has since tweeted new photos of the "real" whistleblower.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think of this when referring to someone who is  'electable' :   There are still so many trump voters out there (speaking of baboons... but I digress) and just enough red state electrical votes that Trump could pull it off  even if without capturing over 50% of the popular vote. And while I would guess the average baboon could run the country better and represent us better than the current occupant, we need a baboon who will turn one or 2 of those red states into Dem electoral votes.- or turn Fl, Oh, Mich, Penn, Wisc away from Trump.  Litmus test: someone who can pull over enough former trump voters over to the other side to cause a state or two to flip from 2016.    

However,  My gut tells me Trump doesn't take FL, OH, MICH, PN, Wisc this time - no running the table on these big states.  He barely won Florida in 2016 and he won't do that against a candidate not named Clinton, he hasn't filled Mich, Penn and Ohio with Manufacturing jobs as promised and the Wisc farm economy is taking a hit like the rest of the farm belt.  I think Warren, Bernie could beat him.  I'd hope a Biden like person is nominated to make it a sure thing. Even if a more progressive candidate is nominated, I think their 'newness' along with the trump fatigue that has taken over the country will be enough to win.  

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

However,  My gut tells me Trump doesn't take FL, OH, MICH, PN, Wisc this time - no running the table on these big states. 

I'll admit something.  I'm getting nervous about this. It's amazing how many people aren't phased at all with everything going on that is showing how pathetic Trump is.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'll admit something.  I'm getting nervous about this. It's amazing how many people aren't phased at all with everything going on that is showing how pathetic Trump is.

Yeah, he could easily win Michigan again. It's astonishing how many people are blinded by party. The only way he loses Michigan is of turnout is much higher than last time around.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, I'm a bit nervous about it also - but I got to believe that the rule of 'Fool Me once, Fool me twice' kicks in - especially in Florida and Michigan and Penn.  If enough voters wise up in one of those states it could kick the scum out of the WH. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Yeah, he could easily win Michigan again. It's astonishing how many people are blinded by party. The only way he loses Michigan is of turnout is much higher than last time around.

Yet, Mich has been a blue state for a long time until 2016.  Trump hasn't restored the manufacturing sector so I think that hurts him there.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yet, Mich has been a blue state for a long time until 2016.  Trump hasn't restored the manufacturing sector so I think that hurts him there.

It hasn't really gotten any worse either. GM cut jobs, but their new UAW contract gives the unions a pay bump. Chrysler will be adding jobs over the next few years with major plant investments around Detroit. Ford cut jobs, but they have a major autonomous campus investment right next to downtown Detroit.

The auto industry is at a really odd point right now. Sales are trending down, but investment in future products (think electrification and autonomy) are trending up. To accommodate that the big 3 and their supply base are actively trying to cut costs wherever they can. It feels like the industry is at a tipping point again, but it's anyone's guess which way it will go.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The auto industry is at a really odd point right now. Sales are trending down, but investment in future products (think electrification and autonomy) are trending up. To accommodate that the big 3 and their supply base are actively trying to cut costs wherever they can. It feels like the industry is at a tipping point again, but it's anyone's guess which way it will go.

That's really not that odd of a scenario.  A product line is declining so research and development of a new product line is increased along with decreases in production of the lines that aren't selling as much.