The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 minute ago, Redux said:

It's just pathetic how quick some of you go to the Rebup accusations when someone disagrees.

Good thing we had plenty of documentation of Hillary's corruption BEFORE she got elected.  We had to wait until Trump took office to decide where he was being corrupt.

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about with your first sentence.

But.....What in the holy hell fire in hades are you talking about in your second?  You accuse me of not caring about the other side.  I mention how I DO care about corruption on the other side...and you come back with this statement?

So....you agree that Hillary's corruption was bad and good thing we knew about it before she was elected....but Trump's is...."ho hum...don't care....everybody does it."

• Plus1 3

@Redux Let's have a real discussion and not this bickering that other always like to do.

1. How much of this process have you followed?
  2. What specifically are the other cases of corruption from the left side of the isle you are referring to?
  3. Are you ok with a person using public office for personal gain at any level?
  4. Are you ok with a branch of government refusing to cooperate with a branch that is in charge of it's oversight?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's just pathetic how quick some of you go to the Rebup accusations when someone disagrees.

Good thing we had plenty of documentation of Hillary's corruption BEFORE she got elected.  We had to wait until Trump took office to decide where he was being corrupt.

No.  We really didn't...

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about with your first sentence.

Oh come on, yes you absolutely do.  Your Hannity remark, typical defense comment.

Can we be adult about this for a second?  You're mad because part of you knows this whole thing isn't going to work.  He isn't getting ousted.  But you want to believe SO badly that this is still worthwhile, that this process is going to lead to change in corruption.

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference, there is no nobility at the end of this.  I don't care if he gets impeached or not

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Redux said:

Oh come on, yes you absolutely do.  Your Hannity remark, typical defense comment.

Can we be adult about this for a second?  You're mad because part of you knows this whole thing isn't going to work.  He isn't getting ousted.  But you want to believe SO badly that this is still worthwhile, that this process is going to lead to change in corruption.

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference, there is no nobility at the end of this.  I don't care if he gets impeached or not

No..I'm actually mad because a President is openly using the office for personal gain and is extremely corrupt and somewhere around 30% of the country seems hell bent on protecting Trump either by outright supporting him...or coming up with these types of arguments.

It's interesting that this same group seems to beat their copy of the constitution on the table any time a politician wants to do something they don't like....but....for some reason they want to totally ignore and bury the part of the constitution that spells out how congress has oversight of the executive branch and this process is spelled out in it.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah, it's insanity.  All wasted money IMO.  But it's a little bit embellished

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/278-years-golf/

I can't justify any amount spentnon golfing, nor would I want to.

We can agree it's one hell of a lot more than $2,000,000 and for some reason you're outraged about this expenditure on the impeachment....but have a ho hum....I don't like it and I'm not going to defend it...but oh well....attitude towards wasted money of a lot larger sum.

Heck...at least the golf expenditures aren't specifically to corrupt our elections in his favor.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm...interesting.  There's a site for that.

LINK

It's at $110,000,000 and counting.

Just think of what we could do with all that money.

Lmao. Even if its half that amount, I think we can justify 2 million for a legitimate investigation if we can somehow justify that.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah, it's insanity.  All wasted money IMO.  But it's a little bit embellished

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/278-years-golf/

I can't justify any amount spentnon golfing, nor would I want to.

Yet you are mad about spending 2 million on a legitimate investigation:facepalm: why haven't you commented on this outragous waste of the people money before, if that is what is important to you in all of this?

The cost of NOT pursuing accountability for such blatant unprecedented corruption would be unbearable, and not just financially. The cost of having this man in office has already been too much, from the loss of respect around the world, to the moral degradation a once proud political party, to the proliferation of misinformation and ignorance, all the way to the loss of civility and decorum.

Holding this president accountable, fighting for what is right, and then hopefully finding a way for our country to rebound from this incredible mess is one of the most important issues in our country's history. 

Casual dismissiveness of the enormity of this situation is deplorable.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2

Corrupt accusing the corrupt is hardly as noble as it's being made out to be.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

People have actually died because of his corruption....I guess that's just worth an...oh well.....ho hum.....

Yes that's a Trump exclusive!  Come on man.

• Plus1 1