Weird things you do that you don't tell people about

Okay, post something weird that you don't really tell people, other than internet people or your close friends.

Mine is: I watch ASMR videos. It's not that it was a fad that I decided to try. I've always experienced ASMR, but it never had a name until recently. If you don't know what the heck that is, it's basically goosebumps/tingles on your scalp, maybe in your brain, caused by certain sounds for no apparent reason. The first time I remember experiencing it was when I owned a store and there was this autistic guy in his 50s who would come in and tell me Alice Cooper's life story. He'd just talk at me, not waiting for a response, so I'd work at my computer while he talked an hour at me about bands I didn't care about. But it gave me goosebumps on my head. It was really weird.

Anyhow, lots and lots of people make ASMR videos now. I once calculated how much money one of the guys I watch makes, and it was over $25k per year. And that was making just a few videos per week.

Anyhow, here's an example. I think this guy makes decent $ too based on the sheer number of videos and most of them getting 25k + hits. If you skip to 5:45 he's actually pretty funny.

This guy made the first ASMR video I ever watched. Back then he was all young and cute and adorable and I think he got sick of being called young and cute and adorable because he turned into the incredible hulk in < 2 years. This video is extremely dorky. If you skip to 3:00 he'll start waving scissors around in the air.

And this is one of the biggest ones at > 9 million views:

My fiance watches this chick and it doesn't make me jealous or suspicious at all:

I saw this a few months ago and didn't know what to think about it. The guy's whispering just seems like an odd affectation, but there's something about his movements and the way he puts his face together that's oddly fascinating.

He's better with makeup than most girls I know. Pretty amazing eyes, actually.

I saw this a few months ago and didn't know what to think about it. The guy's whispering just seems like an odd affectation, but there's something about his movements and the way he puts his face together that's oddly fascinating.

He's better with makeup than most girls I know. Pretty amazing eyes, actually.

Videos of people talking with laryngitis?

This guy looks exactly like one of my students this year.

• 1 year later...