K/P Evan McPherson [Florida- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, I was just messing around about this.......

I guess I'm not the only one "doubting" the walk-on.

I think we need
1 QB
1 RB
4 WR
1 TE
3 OL
3 DL
2 OLB
1 MLB
3 DB
1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.
How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.
Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

Yeah, I was just messing around about this.......

I guess I'm not the only one "doubting" the walk-on.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.

How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

Thanks for digging that up. I'm not sure anything I said is disproved by this. We offered the #1 guy in the nation, imo it'd be great if we could get him. But if we don't, which is probably likely, I hope the walk-on shows enough this summer/fall to make it so we don't have to offer an 2nd tier guy.

All I was doing was stating my hopes.

I'm surprised by the timing. I would have thought the coaches would have given the summer and some fall to watch McPherson at practice to see how he looks before deciding if they need to offer a scholarship kicker.

As am I. But I'd assume with a guy of this caliber you have to throw your hat in asap to have a chance.

Warrior.... I'm not saying anyone is wrong, well I guess I'm saying I'm in line with the way Riley is thinking.

We both are thinking we need to get a scholarship Kicker in this class.

The nice thing is, if we don't get one committed, and the Walk-on gets a chance to prove he can take the job over this Fall, then we can scratch it off our list as a Need.

Warrior.... I'm not saying anyone is wrong, well I guess I'm saying I'm in line with the way Riley is thinking.

We both are thinking we need to get a scholarship Kicker in this class.

The nice thing is, if we don't get one committed, and the Walk-on gets a chance to prove he can take the job over this Fall, then we can scratch it off our list as a Need.

I agree. I'd just like us to be selective as possible on the offers until the walk on gets a chance. I'd hate to waste a scholly if the walkon is better...ex: Bondi

I'm surprised by the timing. I would have thought the coaches would have given the summer and some fall to watch McPherson at practice to see how he looks before deciding if they need to offer a scholarship kicker.

As am I. But I'd assume with a guy of this caliber you have to throw your hat in asap to have a chance.

This is definitely the MO for Riley...Ober, Lightborn, Sutcliffe (maybe, I forget).

• Mavric changed the title to K/P Evan McPherson [Florida- Signed LOI]