Daniel Faalele

I'm going to predict this kid doesn't amount to much in college football. 17 years old and already 400 lbs?

More concerned about the kid's life long health.

Also 6'9. Played with two kids 400+ in HS and they were both over 6'6". They could move. They both only played football for two years. One didn't like FB very much and the other went to a juco and then washed out. If he loves the sport and is willing to work he can make something of himself

I'm going to predict this kid doesn't amount to much in college football. 17 years old and already 400 lbs?

The kid is built pretty impressively. I don't think there is any reason to be concerned over his weight. Also, heres a video of him at a recent camp.

The kid is built pretty impressively. I don't think there is any reason to be concerned over his weight. Also, heres a video of him at a recent camp.

Not to be negative....but....that clip really doesn't show much. The kid rushing the QB really didn't do much.

• Fire 1

Not to be negative....but....that clip really doesn't show much. The kid rushing the QB really didn't do much.

I mean obviously one play can't be considered any form of sample size. What I take from this is that the rusher was looking to attempt a rip move around the outside or dip through with his speed. What Faalele showed was that he's quick enough to stay in front of him and strong enough to prevent the rusher from getting to the outside. I'd have even called it an offensive victory if he would have been able to ride that defender out which would have still kept the pocket clean, but the defender didn't even get there. That all looked pretty effortless, but that probably stems from him being able to get depth without taking large or many steps.

He was aided by the defenders inability to lower his padless pad level but he also didn't allow the other guy to create any space between them. Not too bad for a guy who is relatively new to the sport right?

On the negative side, he cost his team 5 yards.

I don't think I'm in love with the kid (i know you didn't say it), but I do believe there is a lot to like about the potential this guy has. One thing the video does show is his strength obviously. Seems pretty realistic that as long as this kid can get his hands on a d lineman he is going to win more often than not, and with the wingspan of a 6'9" frame, he will be able to do that pretty easily.

All this being said I don't see any problems in NOT recruiting this kid. If we go after him great, I hope we land him, but it's not like he is a must get at a position of need inside of the radius. He has some talent but he is really just a random prospect who they made some articles about because he hasn't played yet. I don't see any special reason to target this player.