Will There be War wt N Korea next 4 years

Will there be a War with N. Korea?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But, but -- Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize:

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-deserves-the-nobel-peace-prize-says-south-koreas-president-11353799

Donald Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to unify Korea, the South Korean President has reportedly suggested.

Moon Jae-in's comment came after a historic summit on Friday in which he met North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

"President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize. What we need is only peace," Mr Moon told a meeting of senior secretaries, according to an official who briefed media.

48 minutes ago, GM_Tood said:

'If' this all comes to fruition he will win it IMO.

At least he will have done more than Obama did.

But...OH GOD....the ego will explode.

And....can you please explain to me what he has done to cause this to happen?  Understanding, we have pretty much been to this point in recent past with other Presidents.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

At least he will have done more than Obama did.

But...OH GOD....the ego will explode.

And....can you please explain to me what he has done to cause this to happen?  Understanding, we have pretty much been to this point in recent past with other Presidents.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/north-korea-south-korea-donald-trump-korean-war-nuclear-weapons-a8326321.html

"Dr TJ Pempel, a professor at the University of California-Berkeley told The Independent while Mr Trump “deserves some credit but not as much as he’s taking”. While the United Nations sanctions on Pyongyang involved the US push from Ambassador Nikki Haley, that is “hardly the whole story”, Mr Pempel said."

Speaking of the Nobel Prize for Peace.  Bring in the clueless

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-nobel-peace-prize_us_5ae3386fe4b04aa23f22b37f

Rep. Luke Messer (R-Ind.) is launching an effort to nominate President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. 

“We are seeing unprecedented progress toward peace, and it’s a direct result of President Trump’s strong leadership,” Messer said in a statement Friday.

The GOP congressman is pointing to Trump’s work on North Korea as the impetus for promoting the nomination. Messer first proposed the idea in March and has consistently pushed it since then.

Today, 17 of my House colleagues joined me in nominating @realDonaldTrump for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.

DcNRa1mW0AEPwji.jpg
DcNRa1kXkAAsZQK.jpg
DcNRa1lW0AE1Lk_.jpg
10:07 AM - 2 May 2018

Rep. Luke Messer (R-Ind.) is launching an effort to nominate President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. 

“We are seeing unprecedented progress toward peace, and it’s a direct result of President Trump’s strong leadership,” Messer said in a statement Friday.

The GOP congressman is pointing to Trump’s work on North Korea as the impetus for promoting the nomination. Messer first proposed the idea in March and has consistently pushed it since then.

Unfortunately for these Republicans, as I pointed out HERE, this is not remotely unprecedented. 

We'll see. As they did with Obama in 2008 (or whenever), the Nobel people make some pretty weird choices.

On 9/20/2017 at 9:18 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Let's not loose track of where we are at right now.

We are still dealing with the after affects of going to war against a country that hadn't attacked us and the government lied to us on why we needed to attack them.  4,486 troops have died.  On top of that, we have had 2,345 troops die in Afghanistan.  over 1,000,000 troops have been wounded in both conflicts.  (all those numbers are still growing)

AND.....we are actually sitting here with a psychotic idiot that got out of military service for bogus reasons (and a lot of money) threatening to go in and "destroy" a country that hasn't attacked anyone.

I can't express how disgusted I am right now with all of this.

This is a misunderstood statistic.  1,000,000 troops have not been wounded.  That is the number of troops that served in either Iraq and Afghanistan that have been treated by the VA.  You don't have to be wounded to be treated by the VA.  If you got hemorrhoids while you were in Iraq because you ate too much steak at the DFAC at whatever base you were at and got that in your service medical record you could seek treatment for the same thing after you are discharged.  The vast majority of people being treated at the VA have never seen direct action and were not wounded by the enemy.  I'm not taking away from anyone's service, I'm just stating a fact.

Wounded and injury/illness/whatever are not the same thing.

• Plus1 2

I appreciate the fact that the prisoners were released by NK.  But Trump is going a bit overboard in his expression of gratitude:

Trump’s reaction to North Korea’s release of the three Americans has been one of unbridled excitement. The president told reporters on Wednesday that “everyone thinks” he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for securing their release, but “the prize I want is victory for the world.” At the official event welcoming the former prisoners home, Trump sounded notably optimistic about the future of US-North Korean relations. “Hopefully everything is going to work out at the highest level,” he said.

“We want to thank [North Korean leader] Kim Jong Un, who really was excellent to these three incredible people,” Trump said at Joint Base Andrews outside Washington.

I think we know what is going on here - NK has already begun the negotiation.  Here they play the emotional heart strings of the president.  Only a few months ago, Kim was Fat Boy to Trump - now he is "really excellent".   No he is not 'really excellent'.  He had no right to imprison these 3  and not to mention Otto who came back near death a year ago and died a couple of days later.  Kim deserves no praise, no merit, no concession because he returned 3 people who were detained illegally.

And one of the prisoners contradicted Trump's 'excellent' claim:

But his description of Kim as being “excellent” to the prisoners didn’t seem to match up with their experiences. When asked by a reporter about how he was treated, Kim Dong-chul replied, after a long pause, “We were treated in many different ways. For me, I had to do a lot of labor. But when I got sick, I was also treated by them.”

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/5/10/17338944/trump-north-korea-prisoners-kim-jong-un

• Plus1 1

I think the quickly accelerating thaw between North and South Korea since the Olympics can only be a good thing, and if Donald Trump has to get credit for it, I'll go along for the sake of world peace. 

But if it was Barack Obama playing into North Korea's hand, Fox News would be chewing him to pieces.

Kim Jung Un craves legitimacy in a way we can't understand, and it doesn't really require much of the U.S.  Maybe the only thing that comes out of it is the photo op the Kim's have always wanted. If it lowers the temperature a few degrees for a few years, it's probably worth it. 

Did I just say "lower the temperature" in a scenario involving Donald Trump?  

Yeah. That's the part that worries me.

But I think they've already scripted this as his Gorbechev/Reagan moment, so they will choreograph a triumph devoid of any actual negotiation. His approval rating will spike and the GOP will get a big lift in the midterms. It's gonna be a win/win for both dictators. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think the quickly accelerating thaw between North and South Korea since the Olympics can only be a good thing, and if Donald Trump has to get credit for it, I'll go along for the sake of world peace. 

But if it was Barack Obama playing into North Korea's hand, Fox News would be chewing him to pieces.

Kim Jung Un craves legitimacy in a way we can't understand, and it doesn't really require much of the U.S.  Maybe the only thing that comes out of it is the photo op the Kim's have always wanted. If it lowers the temperature a few degrees for a few years, it's probably worth it. 

Did I just say "lower the temperature" in a scenario involving Donald Trump?  

Yeah. That's the part that worries me.

But I think they've already scripted this as his Gorbechev/Reagan moment, so they will choreograph a triumph devoid of any actual negotiation. His approval rating will spike and the GOP will get a big lift in the midterms. It's gonna be a win/win for both dictators. 

Just interchange "North Korea" with "Iran" and you'll know how Republicans would be reacting if it was Obama. Obama was around for the Iran stuff, so it's obviously bad.

• Plus1 1