Will There be War wt N Korea next 4 years

Will there be a War with N. Korea?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's not what you said. You said Trump was "barely below" Obama. He's SIX POINTS behind Obama's eight-year average, and TWENTY TWO points behind Obama at the same time in his presidency.

Take off the blinders, man. Or educate yourself, whichever. I don't care. But SIX POINTS will make or break a presidency. TWO POINTS is huge in polls like this.

Clinton was polling almost dead even with Trump just prior to the election, and Trump won 100 more electoral votes. Dead even is huge. Two points is huge.

Six points is a joke.

Twenty two points is unheard of.

There's a reason Trump is being called the least-liked guy at this stage.

It's because he is. And it's not even close.

Don't pretend otherwise. That either makes a person stupid or uninformed. Neither is a good look.

• Fire 7

Do we just let NK and KJU go about flexing their little muscles hoping nothing comes of it or do we slap the sh#t out of them. It is one of those flip the coin ordeals.

Each side has a compelling arguement. Just ignore him and hope he doesn't do anything drastic that could have been prevented or just be the big bully and take care of it now.

Do we just let NK and KJU go about flexing their little muscles hoping nothing comes of it or do we slap the sh#t out of them. It is one of those flip the coin ordeals.

Each side has a compelling arguement. Just ignore him and hope he doesn't do anything drastic that could have been prevented or just be the big bully and take care of it now.

What are the consequences of both options?

Slapping the sh#t out of him means more of our Men and Women will die in yet another conflict.

Hard to say...You can try and guess what they will be.

I am against going to war with North Korea because we already have enough stuff going on with our military and we do not need another conflict to be apart of. The thing that crosses my mind though is what if we don't get involved and KJU decides to go out and launch an attack against South Korea or some other country because no one takes him seriously.

Hopefully China gets involved and we can sit back and watch.

Hard to say...You can try and guess what they will be.

I am against going to war with North Korea because we already have enough stuff going on with our military and we do not need another conflict to be apart of. The thing that crosses my mind though is what if we don't get involved and KJU decides to go out and launch an attack against South Korea or some other country because no one takes him seriously.

Hopefully China gets involved and we can sit back and watch.

What do you think ultimately should be Trump's most aggressive response to NK testing missiles and bombs? What exactly is meant by..."taking him seriously"?

DPRK doesn't have nuclear capabilities to threaten us. They have enough to keep Kim Jong-un in power. If they even tried to fire a nuke at anyone, it'd be shot down by THAAD very quickly and KJU would seal his own fate.

That's my impression why they haven't been dealt with. They like to make a lot of noise and posture aggressively. That's about it. They're not a threat and we've had other priorities.

Frankly, I'm more concerned he's a horrible dictator who starves his own people and has them shot with anti-aircraft guns, but acting in the name of that would be lampooned as regime change. I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Agree wt the bold -- the sooner he's out of office the better for his nation.

• Fire 1

The Senate Took A Field Trip To The White House Where They Learned Little About North Korea

President Donald Trump beckoned the entire US Senate to the White House Wednesday for a briefing on North Korea, but senators returned to the Capitol saying they didn't hear anything new.

"What was discussed, I already knew," said Republican Sen. Bob Corker, chair of the Foreign Relations committee, after stepping off one of the coach buses that transported senators.

"I'm not certain I would have had the briefing today, but I do appreciate — you know, they've got a great team that they put together," he said.

‘We learned nothing’: Senator who attended Trump’s North Korea briefing confirms it was all for ‘optics’

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR), who attended a White House meeting on North Korea Wednesday, all-but-verified that the gathering was for show. On CNN’s “Erin Burnett Out Front,” the Democratic senator told the host that lawmakers “learned nothing [about North Korea] you couldn’t read in the newspaper.”

Donald Trump invited 100 senators to attend a classified briefing at 3p.m. today, bussing in the lawmakers from Capitol Hill to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building auditorium. Several senators who attended said the president discussed issues they were already aware of from the press.

Why do you think he had you come to the White House for this?” Burnett asked.

Oh, complete optics,” Merkley said. “Giving him a chance to say he considers it important enough to have us come to the White house.”

Merkley noted that given the stakes, one could have anticipated that Trump would present a strategy for dealing with North Korea (particularly since—as Vice President Mike Pence noted—“The era of strategic patience is over”).

“They’re not willing to share that yet,” Merkley said. “So we learned nothing you couldn’t read in a newspaper.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Our South Korean allies are not pleased at the buffoonery. Not at all.

Trump's 'armada' gaffe stains his commitment to alliance

The Hankyoreh newspaper in Seoul pointed out that it's unclear whether it was part of the Trump administration's smoke-screen tactic aimed at putting pressure on Pyongyang ahead of the April 15 key political event or just a communication slip.

"If it was a premeditated lie, it's an act of undermining the credibility of the whole U.S. diplomatic policy, not just on the Korean Peninsula issue," it said in an editorial. "Not just that. It's a breach of etiquette against the alliance."

Even if the episode stemmed from a communication error, it could increase jitters about the new U.S. government's handling of state affairs amid the grim security conditions, added the daily.

The Global Times, a Chinese newspaper, also reported that the Carl Vinson scandal has soured Trump's authority.

This was a complete power play and dog and pony show from the beginning. He is showing his power over the Senators.

The Senate meets in a room by far big enough for everyone to be there and for the President and his staff to go brief them on whatever he thinks is so important.

However, he didn't want to meet with them on their turf. That puts him at less of a powerful stance. So....he demands that they all load up on buses like cattle and go less than a mile and a half down Pennsylvania Ave to listen to the great wisdom of the all powerful leader.

After all....he is too important and busy to inconvenience himself to go the 1.3 miles down the street to meet with them.

In the future, if he summoned me like that for no discernible reason, I would give him the middle finger and say if it's that important, you come talk to me.